• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Support Riley and Huskers now ___Judge results on Nov. 25

I agree, there is no benefit to hammering right now. Let's see how the rest of the season goes. Lee is doing better. Maybe we will get to see more of POB and not for bad reasons.

IMO giving up 41 first downs wasn't all that bad. We've seen this play before w/ multiple drives that went the length of the field with nary a first down.

Heck, Wiscy in 2014 only had twenty first downs and 627 yards of total offense. Melvin Gordon had 408 total yards in three quarters.
Should have added the math...

633 yards and 41 first downs = approx 15 yds per FD
627 yards and 20 first downs = approx 30 yds per FD

BTW, tOSU in 2017 is a better team than Wisconsin in 2014; and J. T. Barrett is orders of magnitude better QB than Joel Stave.

Last edited:

I have no intention of not supporting the Huskers or coach Riley.

I have no say in his continued employment by the University.

All I can do is watch the games.

I will most certainly have an opinion at season's end and hope he's still here to see it.

Now there's a true Husker fan.

Wish I had control of BRM's koozie stash. He'd get two.

We’ll assess throughout the season. But final judgment will be withheld until the end of the season, whether that’s November 24th or sometime in January (fingers still crossed!)

Is there any other choice as a Husker fan than to support the coach and players?

As far as I am concerned I will always be there come hell or high water! (I think we are pretty much in the purgatory area now but I'm still praying for miracles. :Biggrin: )

Riley is the current coach. Coaching staff deserve to be judged on entire body of work.

On November 25th the results will speak for themselves.

Statements/judgement/speculation at this time is solely for pure entertainment purposes :Corn2::Corn2::Corn2:
I agree 100% as will most fans...until he loses to Purdue.

I will judge every game. I don't need some phantom date to finally make a decision. I hope our administration feels the same way because the last thing I want them to do is start judging the day after after the Iowa game and be 45 days behind in the planning process.
Got to believe Moos is on top of it

IMO giving up 41 first downs wasn't all that bad. We've seen this play before w/ multiple drives that went the length of the field with nary a first down.

Giving up 41 first downs is bad defense. There's no way of getting around it. That doesn't mean that games like the BIG 10 title vs Wiscy weren't also bad defense. There's a 1000 ways to suck at football. We've discovered quite a few over the past couple decades.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back