• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Student section

I have to admit, I don't get too worked up about the student section. My biggest problem is how empty it has been recently. There are always excuses - early game, bad weather, they're packed in more, etc. But the truth is that there hasn't been much enthusiasm from a lot of students. Most are great, but a significant number aren't really committed.

I think some of that might be because the HUSKERS haven't been relevant, basically, for the last 15 or so years. They hear about it and some were raised on the HUSKERS but haven't really seen how good they were at one time, like the paying fans. I think this will change with Coach Frost in charge and then they'll catch the excitement of CORNHUSKER FOOTBALL and fill their section.

Last edited:

As for a new stadium, where would you put it? It’s in a perfect spot now as it is. Which would mean tearing it down and rebuilding, which then means playing somewhere else for a few years. Unless of course you could do it in sections and just reduce capacity for a few years. Either of those options seems undesirable and unlikely.

I prefer not a new stadium but my design ;) ......

sKJVoBL.png

nu7pSQy.png

tUJhg5k.png

wwZe1Iy.png

Cost? Free ...... rename Warren Buffet Stadium (big NU booster donation)

Last edited:

Excellent work. Exactly what I would do
  • Plant Red hedges? From construction fence barrier (eye sore imo) to nice Red hedge.
  • Remove video screens (4) ? After removal, for example carve "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory." Back to tradition pillars .....
  • Eye sore ...... stratosphere 4th deck east stadium. Way too high and save oxygen tanks! And north and south upper rows too.
  • 2nd deck? (north & south). Much closer to the action.
ncf_e_hedges_3001.jpg

and built-in pee pee break ;)
Mississippi-State-pees-between-hedges.jpg

Last edited:
I think they do need to move the students to a better position where they can make more noise. The stadium at times is not loud enough for what it should be. Whatever we can do to make it tougher for opposing teams, needs to get done.

The only fan upgrade I want to see is some restrooms on the North End Zone second level concourse. It would enhance the game experience for me and every other Husker fan who sits in the North End Zone.
I want every upgrade possible. Anything that makes it better. Anything that could possibly give NU any advantage at all.

A concourse around the whole stadium would be very cool.

It would be awesome. It's amazing what this does for the sports experience. It's been done all over the country with new stadiums going up. Throw in lots of fun & "unique" spots to stop and mingle/eat/drink, you've got a place people want to be & not just for the game. Only issue I see is the "no beer" (I'm not endorsing beer sales...yet). Still think it's a great idea. This concept can give "standing room only" a new meaning.

I've never liked the students stuck where they are. I think the decision makers thought students would attend no matter what. Not so anymore. They are a very important part of the whole experience & can make a huge difference in the game at times. They are future long term fans & donators too.

I’ve said it a million times that they need to tear down south stadium and completely start over there. I would have said the same about north stadium but they just dumped too much money in there.

As for a new stadium, where would you put it? It’s in a perfect spot now as it is. Which would mean tearing it down and rebuilding, which then means playing somewhere else for a few years. Unless of course you could do it in sections and just reduce capacity for a few years. Either of those options seems undesirable and unlikely.

I doubt it will ever happen but you could do something similar to what's been done at older MLB/NFL stadiums (Atlanta, Houston, NY). Could use the adjacent practice field area for the basic new stadium blueprint, move those facilities temporarily until they can be rebuilt where the old stadium sits. There is a way to do it if they want to but doubt the public would go for it. Would cost a lot!

Sometimes no move is the right move. Husker football is unique it hasn't sold every game since 1962 by accident.The only upgrade that made sense to me is the escalator. Fans that need a gathering place inside the stadium should simply tailgate outside or go to a bar.

Absolutely the elevator is a must. I've seen what a difference the concourse idea does for the experience and it's amazing. Never would have thought it would but it does. Standing room only takes on a totally different feeling. It's a trend that will continue and when you have a choice where/how you watch a game, could make a big difference in ticket sales. Of course, winning will make they most difference.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back