• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Student section

ksuhusker

In a tree somewhere
10 Year Member
Just posting this after reading the article on the front page. I haven't been to a game in a while, but I know it's been discussed in the past about moving them back down to relevancy. Just a question, since I know alot of you guys have been in favor of getting them close to the field. How do they do it without pissing some season ticket holders off by pushing them out of their areas? Or do you think people will be like "Finally" they're back down where they should have always been? I'd share the link to the article but you know I'm computer dumb.

Just posting this after reading the article on the front page. I haven't been to a game in a while, but I know it's been discussed in the past about moving them back down to relevancy. Just a question, since I know alot of you guys have been in favor of getting them close to the field. How do they do it without pissing some season ticket holders off by pushing them out of their areas? Or do you think people will be like "Finally" they're back down where they should have always been? I'd share the link to the article but you know I'm computer dumb.

I would be willing to bet that the disposition of the student section, if not already decided, Will be exactly where Coach Frost wants them to be for strategic purposes...so far he is all about 'retro'...

...I bet down.

I would be willing to bet that the disposition of the student section, if not already decided, Will be exactly where Coach Frost wants them to be for strategic purposes...so far he is all about 'retro'...

...I bet down.
Yeah my guess it they move them down. I kinda hope they do. It's where they should be.

Probably a stupid question but would building a brand new stadium be out of the question? Probably logistically not feasible but would then could totally redesign everything from scratch ina more modern way.

I've thought about this for a long time.
Sometimes no move is the right move. Husker football is unique it hasn't sold every game since 1962 by accident.The only upgrade that made sense to me is the escalator. Fans that need a gathering place inside the stadium should simply tailgate outside or go to a bar.

I’ve said it a million times that they need to tear down south stadium and completely start over there. I would have said the same about north stadium but they just dumped too much money in there.

As for a new stadium, where would you put it? It’s in a perfect spot now as it is. Which would mean tearing it down and rebuilding, which then means playing somewhere else for a few years. Unless of course you could do it in sections and just reduce capacity for a few years. Either of those options seems undesirable and unlikely.

Last edited:

When I was at NU (mid 80's) we sat near the 50 yard on the east side. Primo seats. When did they relegate the students to where they are now? Did Byrne do that or was that under TO as A.D.?

The students need to be transitioned to seats closer to the field. A few at a time so as to ease the impact on the rest of the fans all at once.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back