• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stretch Run Predictions

I'm going 5-1, plus a couple of wins in the B1G Tourney. I think that Roby, Horne, and Tshimanga are all close to having that confidence and consistency switch come on full time. If everyone can stay healthy, this team can salvage the season.

Last edited:
I'll go with 3-3.

And a couple of comments. Fromunda, do you even watch Big 10 basketball? Penn State is playing very well and has more talent than us. With the 3 freshmen plus Garner, PSU would beat us 7 times out of 10 on a neutral court, easily, to use your word. Now, we may be catching them at a good time with the second of back to back road games, but there is zero reason other than that to think a win will be "easy". Same with the other predictions. Any win for this group is good, and any will be hard fought.

David, I will take on your prediction that NU "gives up". This team won't do that, even with your scenario of losing the next 2 games. It has gotten hit between the eyes with about everything that could go wrong in a season, and yet it shows up every night from an effort standpoint. We're young, injured, and lacking in some areas, but we play hard and fight. Miles won't lose the team at this point, it is too resilient. Doesn't mean they'll win, but they won't quit.

I'll go with 3-3.

And a couple of comments. Fromunda, do you even watch Big 10 basketball? Penn State is playing very well and has more talent than us. With the 3 freshmen plus Garner, PSU would beat us 7 times out of 10 on a neutral court, easily, to use your word. Now, we may be catching them at a good time with the second of back to back road games, but there is zero reason other than that to think a win will be "easy". Same with the other predictions. Any win for this group is good, and any will be hard fought. .

3 freshman??? I just rubbed my eyes! How can this be??? Penn State plays three freshman yet would beat NU 7 outta 10 times???

Do the Nittany Lions not know that winning with youth is not possible???

If PSU wins tonight they are 7-7 in the B1G with 3 freshman. Wow.

At any rate, much like Vegas, I'll take the Huskers, in an easy win (by the spread!)

I'll go with 3-3.

David, I will take on your prediction that NU "gives up". This team won't do that, even with your scenario of losing the next 2 games. It has gotten hit between the eyes with about everything that could go wrong in a season, and yet it shows up every night from an effort standpoint. We're young, injured, and lacking in some areas, but we play hard and fight. Miles won't lose the team at this point, it is too resilient. Doesn't mean they'll win, but they won't quit.

Yeah I kind of don't truly believe that honestly even though I just typed it. I just feel like if the team loses the next two, it won't have much more to play for at all. If we DO lose 5 of the next 6, you could maybe see they gave up some, but I agree with you, they play some close games and fight hard. I've seen some sloppy passing/turnovers of late though that makes me wonder. We've gone to OT with top 10 team and lost 2 games with less than 2 seconds remaining on the clock the past month, and that just sucks, it's hard on me lol.

I will wait until the season ends to give my opinions, but at this point Roby isnt playing Big Ten basketball, and I think Jordy will be an awesome player for us the next two seasons.

3 freshman??? I just rubbed my eyes! How can this be??? Penn State plays three freshman yet would beat NU 7 outta 10 times???

At any rate, much like Vegas, I'll take the Huskers, in an easy win (by the spread!)

Again, a complete lack of knowledge of college hoops is shown. Penn State coming off wins against Maryland and at Illinois. And nothing about the spread suggests "easy" win. 4.5 at home is a close, tough game spread. But you probably know that.

Yeah I kind of don't truly believe that honestly even though I just typed it. I just feel like if the team loses the next two, it won't have much more to play for at all. If we DO lose 5 of the next 6, you could maybe see they gave up some, but I agree with you, they play some close games and fight hard. I've seen some sloppy passing/turnovers of late though that makes me wonder. We've gone to OT with top 10 team and lost 2 games with less than 2 seconds remaining on the clock the past month, and that just sucks, it's hard on me lol.

I will wait until the season ends to give my opinions, but at this point Roby isnt playing Big Ten basketball, and I think Jordy will be an awesome player for us the next two seasons.

It's hard on me as well, I go to every home game! Just a couple of things go differently we have a whole different narrative. White just about killed what we had set up for the year, and then Morrow's injury finished us off. But despite the results from a win/loss perspective, the team fights like hell and gives good effort. Finally, Roby is starting to show flashes of Big 10 basketball, and then some. And he hasn't been healthy all year. He is a legitimate power conference talent.

Again, a complete lack of knowledge of college hoops is shown. Penn State coming off wins against Maryland and at Illinois. And nothing about the spread suggests "easy" win. 4.5 at home is a close, tough game spread. But you probably know that.

Illinois has checked out with it lame duck coach, Maryland is a paper tiger (as Nebraska can attest)

Easy.

Win.

Take out a second mortgage and make some cash tonight.

Illinois has checked out with it lame duck coach, Maryland is a paper tiger (as Nebraska can attest)

Easy.

Win.

Take out a second mortgage and make some cash tonight.

I do think we'll win. We'll see about the "easy". Hoops gambling is scary stuff. Twice last night Louisville blew 7 point leads in the last minute, and Syracuse had possessions to win. West Virginia game looked "easy" with 2:50 left. Anyway, it's time to head to Gate 25 for pregame.

By the way, the trolling and setting up when we don't do the crazy stuff you predict is obvious. And seriously, you should actually watch games. It depends who the freshmen are. Penn State's are better than ours. Its a good and improving team. Believe that or not. Stick to baseball, you know a lot more about that.

I will be more than happy if we win tonight, I think that that just may catapult us into winning 4 or 5 of our final 6 regular season games.

6-0, win the B1G, and make a deep run into the NCAA tournament
big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

By the way, the trolling and setting up when we don't do the crazy stuff you predict is obvious. And seriously, you should actually watch games. It depends who the freshmen are. Penn State's are better than ours. Its a good and improving team. Believe that or not. Stick to baseball, you know a lot more about that.

First off, let me refrain from calling you an ph'n idiot for fear of getting a vacation. Aww, what the heck, you're an ph'n idiot.

Secondly, if you would actually watch games and understand basketball, you would see what Vegas, and I saw: Penn St did not match up well with Nebraska. This had all the makings for an EASY WIN . Hoops gambling is easy stuff if you watch games and know what to look for.

Lastly Sandhills, you should stay off this board and do what ever it is you do in the landfills, you know a lot more about that.

Oh, did I mention you should actually watch games?

Last edited:

Again:

Easy.

Win.

Good call.

this idea that PSU is a good team is a little silly. yes, they do have a win over Maryland. So does NU. Says more about Maryland IMO. Not trying to diminish the win. First of all it was an ass kicking. That's always nice as a bunch of guys get to get a little confidence boost. Also nice to simply not sweat one out at home against a team that really isn't very good. PSU would not likely beat NU "7 out of 10" on a neutral court. The line was 4.5....what's the usual home "bonus"? 3-5? So the odds makers have these teams pretty even.

Anyway, NU did exactly what they had to do. And that's a good thing. This one and Illinois at home are the ones you HAVE to have in order to finish strong. Mission accomplished.

p.s. thank god for the big 10 network, ESPN, ABC, etc. I caught much of this game on the radio and Kent Pavelka is a straight up DORK. Un-listenable.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back