• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stretch Run Predictions

Husker Eponymous

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Give your predictions on NU's stretch run. In essence, you may be predicting whether Miles saves his job. If NU finishes 13th or even 12th, and limps down the stretch losing 12 or 13 of their last 15 games, I don't see how SE can possibly keep him (isn't the idea of having a "young" team to improve as the year goes on???)

Anyway, here's mine:

Tues Penn State 14-12 6-7 67rpi W (easy win)

Sun @Ohio State 15-11 5-8 53 rpi W (payback for home loss)

Feb 23rd @Michigan St 15-10 7-5 41rpi L (MSU playing good ball right now)

Feb 26th Illinois 13-12 4-9 4-9 70rpi W (Groce lame duck coach, easy win)

Mar 2nd @Minnesota 18-7 6-6 24rpi L (could easily be W)

Mar 5th Michigan 16-9 6-6 61 61rpi W (last home game, payback for road loss)

NU goes 4-2, or maybe even 5-1 with a not so intimidating road win at Minnesota. Finishes 8-10 or even 9-9 in B1G, and Miles saves his job.

In my mind, Penn St is the key. You drop that game at home, and the program (players, fans, admin) is reeling. But NU won't, they'll win easily, AND cover the $pread!

I can see NU making a nice run and winning many of these. I can also see NU finding ways to lose all of them.

That means NU will have lost 12 of their last 15 regular season conference games in a down year for the B1G. I do not possibly see how SE could keep Miles then.
I hear ya... I think SE is going to give Miles 6 years like Sadler and Collier had (I know he was not AD for both). I would not be satisfied with 2-4 but looking at who we have, we are currently below them in the standings for the most part.

My guess ... 2-4, but would not be completely shocked if they find a way to win 4 of those. This team has a scrappy nature, albeit a bipolar personality, and they may catch a wave of gritty, emotional ball as Tai finishes up his collegiate career.

I also think Miles gets the 6th year, regardless of the outcome, and I don't believe Eichorst cares what any of us think.

I hate to be the negative nelly here, but I can't see us finishing better than 1 - 5 with the one win coming against Illinois. I'd be absolutely ecstatic with just the opposite and a 5 - 1 record though.....

I am sorry for my outlook, but Im going to go 1-5 and that win being a home win vs Illinois. Even with our tough non-con schedule, we've only won 10 games total.

This team can't win close games and I am predicting that they "give up" on the season after 2 more losses in a row to PSU and tOSU.

While I do hope we can get three wins in this strech, I will be rooting for us to win them all. :Whiteflag:

Wow, can't believe the negative nellies!

And to think, me, the proclaimed "basher" of Miles, is saying 4-2 or 5-1!!!

At any rate, Vegas is seeing the same thing I am seeing on tonights game: NU opened a 2 pt favorite, now up to 5. Easy win tonight for NU.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back