• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stranger Things 2 (Spoiler Alert)

Rainbow Dash

Task Force One...This is Eagle Eye
5 Year Member
Anyone else finish this yet? I thought this was better than the first one and much darker. Well done with plenty of 80’s references and humor mixed in. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

They probably could have scrapped the entire sisters episode, bit other than that it was a good season and an improvement on the first.

They probably could have scrapped the entire sisters episode, bit other than that it was a good season and an improvement on the first.
My wife said the same...but I am guessing that we haven't seen the last of her sister.

Hoping to watch the finale tonight.

Last edited:
Finally got to watch the finale last night and it didn't disappoint. Wonder what is in store for ST3?

A little late to the party, but wanted to share my thoughts. Season 2 was good, but not even close to the level of Season 1. That's not really a knock on S2, because it was entertaining, but S1 was on a whole different level.

Couple of sticking points with me. I thought Eleven's side story with her long-lost sister should have been stretched out a bit more. One episode seemed too rushed. I would have liked that to stretch out over two or three episodes. What was the point of Max's brother Billy? Did I miss some subtle context that helped explain his importance? I thought Max was a good addition, but Billy just seemed so random. About the only good he did was get Cara Buono (who was way, way under utilized) to answer the door in her bathrobe. If Season 3 is happening, it needs more of Cara Buono.

Also, I found every scene that contained Mike's dad to be absolutely hilarious. The writers absolutely nailed the indifferent dad character.

In the end, this season was less suspenseful, because you knew no one of importance (sorry Bob) was going to meet their ultimate demise. What helped Season 1 was the suspense over whether or not Will was dead, and if he wasn't, the eventual uncovering of his faked death. While this season had scarier monsters, there wasn't any real suspense on how the season would end. You can tell that Season 1 was labored over by the Duffer Brothers for years and years, while Season 2 wasn't.

A little late to the party, but wanted to share my thoughts. Season 2 was good, but not even close to the level of Season 1. That's not really a knock on S2, because it was entertaining, but S1 was on a whole different level.

Couple of sticking points with me. I thought Eleven's side story with her long-lost sister should have been stretched out a bit more. One episode seemed too rushed. I would have liked that to stretch out over two or three episodes. What was the point of Max's brother Billy? Did I miss some subtle context that helped explain his importance? I thought Max was a good addition, but Billy just seemed so random. About the only good he did was get Cara Buono (who was way, way under utilized) to answer the door in her bathrobe. If Season 3 is happening, it needs more of Cara Buono.

Also, I found every scene that contained Mike's dad to be absolutely hilarious. The writers absolutely nailed the indifferent dad character.

In the end, this season was less suspenseful, because you knew no one of importance (sorry Bob) was going to meet their ultimate demise. What helped Season 1 was the suspense over whether or not Will was dead, and if he wasn't, the eventual uncovering of his faked death. While this season had scarier monsters, there wasn't any real suspense on how the season would end. You can tell that Season 1 was labored over by the Duffer Brothers for years and years, while Season 2 wasn't.
I didn't understand El's sister thing at all. It's like it was supposed to be this nice back/side story and then everything but that one episode was cut. Should have saved that for S3, IMO.

Good show for sure, but S1 was just too good to hope S2 was on the same level.

Snow in Charleston and the wife decided to find out what all the hubbub was about Stranger Things. I'll be honest and say I wasn't the least bit interested in the show...until I watched the first couple of episodes with her. Finished Season 1 and started on 2. Hope to finish it this weekend. I don't watch much TV, but this was/is very entertaining.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back