• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stoops/Pelini Possibility?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
For all of Bo's purported mediocrity, he still made millions. Not bad work if you can get it.

Stoops is getting paid $325k per year by OU to play golf with boosters. His twin sons are walk-ons at OU, and he'll get to watch their progress from his campus office. It's pretty good to be Bob Stoops right about now.

Never say never of course, but I don't think he's trading that to go right back into the pressure cooker simply because he was born in Ohio. In terms of Bo, I'm sure feelers for P5 DC jobs come his way every year. I think he likes being the head honcho. I wouldn't be surprised if he coached YSU for the remainder of his career.

There is no way they are going to let a hothead like Bo on the staff. Especially with potential skeletans like this.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/forme...cle_89097d88-d105-11e4-b005-cf229acf8487.html

Or the threat of a few other assistant coach rumors that could blow up in their face.

They are not going to take the chance these were isolated incidents.
How is this relevant? Kaczenski's DV occurred after he was let go from Nebraska and should not reflect on Bo in any way.

How is this relevant? Kaczenski's DV occurred after he was let go from Nebraska and should not reflect on Bo in any way.
Its just another reason someone isnt going to take a chance. They are not going to risk that when Kaz got busted, it was the first time anything happened.

When your former assistant coaches have been caught doing coke, beating their wife and screwing coeds, do you think they are going to want to take a chance that maybe something wasn't known before? But who knows, maybe these guys were saints under Bo and their character happened to change shortly after leaving Nebraska. But dont expect a University that just fired a coach to ever take that chance that there are no skeletons.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back