• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stoops/Pelini Possibility?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
I believe that if they fire UM, then Stoops is a legitimate player. And, I believe he might consider Bo as a Defensive Coordinator. All the Bo Haters don't get the fact that Bo was and is a great Defensive mind.
It must be Wisconsin running the same play over and over again with Nebraska being clueless to stop it.

Post 2010, Bo was hardly a defensive genius. Especially against the run.

If in fact Urban Meyer is let go. I believe OSU will make a move for Bob Stoops. If Stoops goes, I believe he would strongly consider Bo for his defensive coordinator. I spoke to some Sooner friends who have always believed Bob would end up at OSU someday. I believe Nebraska is due to end its payments to Bo soon, so he would likely be open to a better paying job...or a more high profile job at least.

If this happens, I believe Stoops would create a stronger, better Buckeye program than the one Urban has shaped.

This, of course, is all conjecture and personal opinion, but I do believe there's a strong chance OSU would pursue that, if in fact Urban is let go. I would love to have Stoops in the B1G.

If this happens, I believe Stoops would create a stronger, better Buckeye program than the one Urban has shaped.

I don’t see Stoops jumping back in the pond, but you definitely lost me with this comment. I don’t think Stoops can carry Urban’s jock.

Stoops isn't a better coach than Urban Meyer is.
From a wins and losses perspective, you may be correct. I went back and edited my opening post to explain better what I meant. I do think though that Stoops would do much better at OSU than he did at OU (and he did very well at OU). I just think it's a very good fit. Stoops would bring a better opinion of OSU from the outside. Right now, virtually everyone dislikes OSU, mostly because of Urban.

Stoops is a better man, but not a better coach. From a coaching standpoint, Meyer's only peer in FBS football the last 10-15 years is Saban.
Yes, he is, and that's why I think he could do better at OSU than Urban did. Not necessarily from a win/loss perspective, but just as a whole. I understand the win/loss part is the most important, but we are talking Ohio State here. The name Bob Stoops will certainly draw just as good of players as Urban Meyer does. The program would most likely be much cleaner and better respected than what it is right now. Most of the hate towards the OSU program starts and ends with Urban Meyer himself. Change the leadership without having to sacrifice the results on the field, and you potentially have a better program all around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I'm hoping Ohio State hires Bo as their head coach. Not only will we be able to determine the level of Bo's coaching acumen and maturity once and for all, the Huskers will also own OSU for the duration. :thumbsup:
Gosh, that would be so fun, wouldn't it? It would almost be like Colorado and McCartney back in the day. The hate would be strong with Husker fans. :Biggrin:

I don’t see Stoops jumping back in the pond, but you definitely lost me with this comment. I don’t think Stoops can carry Urban’s jock.
Yeah, I didn't explain myself very well. I went back and edited my opening post to better explain what I meant by that.

Gosh, that would be so fun, wouldn't it? It would almost be like Colorado and McCartney back in the day. The hate would be strong with Husker fans. :Biggrin:
Yep. Ya have to laugh at the thought of it. :Biggrin:

Of course he won't get it and I wouldn't want him to, just because I want to stay "moved on". I think that's probably best for everybody. And why have any kind of circus element during the Frost era anyway? But it's a funny thought.

Yep. Ya have to laugh at the thought of it. :Biggrin:

Of course he won't get it and I wouldn't want him to, just because I want to stay "moved on". I think that's probably best for everybody. And why have any kind of circus element during the Frost era anyway? But it's a funny thought.
Yeah, I totally agree. Fun in thought ONLY!

Personally I'm hoping Ohio State hires Bo as their head coach. Not only will we be able to determine the level of Bo's coaching acumen and maturity once and for all, the Huskers will also own OSU for the duration. :thumbsup:

Only if Frost utilizes the jet sweep.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back