• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Steve Pederson writes novel

You would've thought everyone in the program would've learned from Tom. He didn't, he wanted the glory with out the deed. It is and I think always will be a brick by brick job. He (Peterson) thought Nebraska had become USC or Texas, it had not. There is no place like Nebraska and he didn't get it. Unfortunately ☹

Wow, that's a terrible read. It's almost as bad as his tenure as NU's AD.

Here is the thing about SP that I will say. Never was all of the evidence about one guy more wrong. If you told someone today that we were getting an AD that:
1. Led another P5 school from obscurity to competitive.
2. Was a former assistant to one of the greatest coaches in history.
3. Was a home state kid done good.

Prior to SP wouldn't you take that guy? So as much as we might hate the guy now. He appeared to be a great hire at the time and NO ONE was complaining. Just goes to show that even the "perfect fit" can often not work out.

Here is the thing about SP that I will say. Never was all of the evidence about one guy more wrong. If you told someone today that we were getting an AD that:
1. Led another P5 school from obscurity to competitive.
2. Was a former assistant to one of the greatest coaches in history.
3. Was a home state kid done good.

Prior to SP wouldn't you take that guy? So as much as we might hate the guy now. He appeared to be a great hire at the time and NO ONE was complaining. Just goes to show that even the "perfect fit" can often not work out.

I have the same perspective. SP checked off a lot of important boxes and seemed to be a good selection at the time. Who could have guessed he'd crash and burn so badly.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back