1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Status of Program - ticket prices this weekend

Discussion in 'Football' started by BARNUM is back, Oct 10, 2017.

1. BARNUM is back

BARNUM is back Son of NUM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/oUina"><a href="//imgur.com/oUina"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top 10 team in town, night game, $100 ticket face value (i heard the 1620 guys talking about this and looked it up)

there are a bunch* of $40-$60 tickets on there. This plus the 24 point spread make for a pretty depressing pre-game

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. Cyberbach

Cyberbach Founding Father 15 Year Member

50 degrees with pounding rain may have put a bit of a damper on it as well..... j/s

Keefover, ShortSideOption and DStyle like this.
  3. BARNUM is back

i did forget about that gp.

so if things get out of hand, and weather is bad, what kind of crowd will we be looking at in there? i'm worried about it

4. Lakewood Husker

Lakewood Husker Blackshirt 10 Year Member

last week the secondary market prices were much much higher, in fact the price was pretty steady up until game time as it was a sellers market. This week it is the opposite and I suspect the weather has a lot to do with it. Last week at this time only about 1,000 tickets were on stubhub/ Vivid, I think this week there are over 3,000 as of today for the OSU game.

5. SavageHusker

SavageHusker Recruit

Weather smeather. I’ve been to many games in inclement weather in memorial stadium. It’s 2007 redux which is causing the apathy.

BuffSurveyor likes this.
  6. Lakewood Husker

Well the apathy sat in pretty darn quick because last week people were complaining outside the stadium they couldn't get a ticket

Bman likes this.
  7. BARNUM is back

I've never been to memorial stadium for a rainy one - plenty of REALLY cold ones with my overalls on - those are my favorite - i prefer it that way

8. BigRedAvenger

BigRedAvenger Poster of Substance 2 Year Member

I’m sure the weather has something to do with it. No one wants to be cold and wet while watching their team get massacred. I’m not saying they will get massacred, but Vegas seems to think so.

If they pull an epic upset, a lot of people will feel silly though.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    CornfieldCounty likes this.
  9. SavageHusker

SavageHusker Recruit

I sat through monsoon conditions vs. CO in 96. There wasn’t an open seat in the house.

huskerndenver and BARNUM is back like this.
  10. BigRedAvenger

BigRedAvenger Poster of Substance 2 Year Member

The poncho provided little protection that day.

SavageHusker likes this.
  11. Lakewood Husker

Well you didn't run to the hills when lightning showed up on the radar either back then.

Things have changed, if it is going to be in the 40's and a cold rain I might want to sit at Buzzard Billy's and not deal with that. I don't doubt apathy will eventually set in , just not convinced it happens in one week.

Discoverer27 likes this.
  12. SavageHusker

SavageHusker Recruit

I think it’s in degrees. If we had beaten WI, I bet a dollar to donuts tickets are selling mostly for face value and the house would be 90%+ full. But you add in a dismal product and bad weather and tix are going for ....$.50 on the dollar and the house will probably be 80% full at kickoff and empty depending on how things turn out by Q4.

13. Lakewood Husker

fair enough

14. lincoln84

lincoln84 Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

I think the Wiscy game has a lot to do with it. There are quite a few tix on this board and no one is biting. Very telling. I sat with season ticket holders on the flight from PHX last week and they sold their Wiscy tix b/c her husband didn't want to go. A guy that has sat in front of me for 20 years isn't coming to the OSU game. That's not a good sign.

15. Discoverer27

Discoverer27 Red Shirt 2 Year Member

That's what you are hoping for, right?