• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Status of BB program

Humbled by Life

Recruit
5 Year Member
My feeling is that the AD change has ALL the coaching staffs on High Alert, which is a good thing. I think Coach Miles realizes there are no more second chances to get this right. After all the defections on the roster most people wrote the BB program off until there was a coaching change. To his credit he has gotten a lot of people back on the wagon. Kinda like Riley did until the season started. He has the tools (players, home court and fan support) to achieve a winning record in the BIG and upper division finish. Those happen and he should get to the NCAA tournament. What I don't know is, what does he see as his formula for success? Can you basketball guys give me a heads up on how you think he has to use this roster to win 20? Is there a Pettaway on this team that can get them there? Can he play the same offense but now has good enough sharpshooters to turn it around. My feeling is they have to play a different offensive style to be successful in the BIG. I don't know x's and o's but I do know when something does not work. (the scoreboard )

My feeling is that the AD change has ALL the coaching staffs on High Alert, which is a good thing. I think Coach Miles realizes there are no more second chances to get this right. After all the defections on the roster most people wrote the BB program off until there was a coaching change. To his credit he has gotten a lot of people back on the wagon. Kinda like Riley did until the season started. He has the tools (players, home court and fan support) to achieve a winning record in the BIG and upper division finish. Those happen and he should get to the NCAA tournament. What I don't know is, what does he see as his formula for success? Can you basketball guys give me a heads up on how you think he has to use this roster to win 20? Is there a Pettaway on this team that can get them there? Can he play the same offense but now has good enough sharpshooters to turn it around. My feeling is they have to play a different offensive style to be successful in the BIG. I don't know x's and o's but I do know when something does not work. (the scoreboard )

I don't think his offense will be all that different in terms of scheme. I do think they will be a little more uptempo now that he has depth. I agree with your assessment, I think he knows this year has to be a good one. I know for a fact that this staff has a lot of confidence in this team. We'll see in the results.

They don't have a Petteway. They have a handful of good but not great players. If we have a bad year it won't be because of talent, there is enough talent on this team to finish in the top half of the league in my opinion.

I think there are a lot of questions marks depending on whether many players can play up to their potential. Petteway wasn't anywhere near a star when he transferred into Nebraska.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back