• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

State of the Transition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatest Fan of All

The Legend
10 Year Member
Overall Grade for the transition to date: A+

This staff has immediately addressed the two primary issues that have plagued Husker football for most of this century and have progressively gotten worse: 1) Strength & Conditioning, and 2) Buy-In & Accountabilty.

For S%C there is anecdotal evidence that makes me believe we will be a much stronger and tougher team than we have been for many years. I would love to see them get back to publishing team results of S&C testing, even if they cannot publish individuals' numbers. The S&C improvement alone, would merit getting a high grade on the transition.

The staff has also tackled the "buy-in" and accountability issues that were so neglected by the previous staff. Those that don't want to put in the work, or aren't talented enough to compete are encouraged to leave. Competition for starting spots, at least on the surface, seems to be far more open than in the recent past.

Besides addressing the two primary issues of the program, the staff seems to have done an outstanding job of collecting the talent they need for their new schemes. They seem intent on revitalizing the walk-on program, getting the best in the 500 mile radius, and yet still getting needed speed/talent from fertile national recruiting spots (Florida, Texas, Cally, etc).

They have also energized the fan base to a level not seen often the past 16 years. This will be a tremendous asset this year and down the road as we greet success with a passion.

All in all, no one could ask for a more successful first six months. GBR!

hedging-bets-drawing_csp7274870.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back