• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

Questionable call on that power play that led to that goal....man....

2-2

Horrible call but I hated the gameplan for the Rangers. Dump and change which led to them playing defense 90% of the time and getting worn down. I told my wife the last half of the period was just waiting for the Kings to score or limp into OT. Rangers have to score quick or it will be another 10-14 minutes of Hank getting peppered.

We have to score quickly IMO to win this game.

Last edited:
I have to give it to the Kings and their depth. They were still absolutely flying around late in the 3rd. Making crisp passes and just getting to everything. Its no wonder they have terrorized the playoffs in the 3rd period.

The refs have not had a great series....

Agree on the strategy.....

Agree score quick and go home for game 6....

Horrible call but I hated the gameplan for the Rangers. Dump and change which led to them playing defense 90% of the time and getting worn down. I told my wife the last half of the period was just waiting for the Kings to score or limp into OT. Rangers have to score quick or it will be another 10-14 minutes of Hank getting peppered.

We have to score quickly IMO to win this game.

That was awesome!!!!!

Rangers played well in the OT. Better than I was counting on. That said, scoring quickly would be great. My boy McDonagh needs to put it in this time...its his birthday after all.

Last edited:
Andrew Gross @AGrossRecord That may have been the best period of hockey played this season, given everything involved.

Andrew Gross @AGrossRecord Kings outshooting the Rangers 13-7 in OT, 1:14 to go. to say Lundqvist is the best player on the ice doesn't go near enough to the truth.

What a great game. Crappy ending but a great game.

When Nash's shot went off Voynov's stick I told my wife that it just wasn't meant to be.

Congrats to the Kings.

Larry Brooks writes that Lundqvist was at his best last night and was a “pillar of strength” in defending against the Kings attack. (NY Post)

Brooks says that the Rangers were consistently outplayed but had a “glimmer” of hope because of Lundqvist who did “whatever he could to carry the team on his shoulders and across the finish line.” (NY Post)

Magnus Nystrom wrote that Lundqvist, as usual, was the Rangers “shining star” and his play during the Stanley Cup Final was “incredible impressive” and that he fought until the last second. (Expressen)

Nystrom adds that Lundqvist was the biggest headache for the Kings, plays his best in the most important games and the Rangers wouldn’t be close to the Stanley Cup Final without him. He says that Lundqvist deserves his name on the Stanley Cup and that he will get it. (Expressen)

Just wanted to swing back through here and reiterate what I posted in another thread:

I have nothing against the Rangers..

Yup. Just not all that impressed with the East. Bruins/Pens.. and that's it.

It's the Eastern Conference anyway. They no good. =)

Rangers had a great run and their fans should be proud.. but I've always felt it was basically a foregone conclusion that no matter the matchup, the team bringing home Lord Stanley's Cup was going to be the winner of the Western Conference series..

Just wanted to swing back through here and reiterate what I posted in another thread:

Rangers had a great run and their fans should be proud.. but I've always felt it was basically a foregone conclusion that no matter the matchup, the team bringing home Lord Stanley's Cup was going to be the winner of the Western Conference series..

Yeah but three overtimes shows that the domination was not quite there.

Yeah but three overtimes shows that the domination was not quite there.

Hockey is a game of close games. Nothing unusual with having one goal games.

Let's broaden the perspective.

Kings won four of five in the Finals.

Kings were taken to seven games by all three West teams they played in this year's playoffs.

West has won three Cups in a row.

West has won the Cup six of the last eight seasons.

West beat up the East head to head this regular season.

Every team in the league is made up of professional hockey players. They all pull their sweaters on the same way. The differences between teams in the league is not great. But the trends and results are real. The West is dominant right now ... dominant in hockey terms, that is.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back