• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring Game, April 21: It....Is.....HERE!!!!

img20170903_102525.jpg
is it game day yet?

Probably. I feel like that was your responsibility.

Next year I think we should have a thing
First of all, I have no flippin' idea what Mardi Grad is. That never happened when I had a flip phone.

I was thinking @Smoker would have that covered for us. Should have checked with him sooner. My bad.

Here's article with some different perspectives from Cornhusker fans as well as a perspective from Gerry Dinardo. The excerpt below is not from Dinardo...

“That’s the one thing with the spring game: No one loses,” Benes laughs. “You go there and everybody’s happy.”

And without it?

“My kids wouldn’t be fans,” he replies. “We took them to a game [in the fall] and we took them to the spring game — that’s the one we knew we could go to and could afford back when they were 5 and 6. There’s no worries. It’s just fun.”

One of those boys, Cory, grew up to study genetics at Iowa State. A Cyclones degree and a Huskers heart. Always.

“They really understand what it means to be a Husker, even though they didn’t grow up in Nebraska,” Benes says.

Land of 10 Article link

Here's article with some different perspectives from Cornhusker fans as well as a perspective from Gerry Dinardo. The excerpt below is not from Dinardo...

Land of 10 Article link
Thanks for the link AllN, interesting read.
And the secondary avenues, no shock, haven’t been especially kind since: Last month, tickets to the April 21 exhibition were going for up to $657 at TicketCity.com — a higher top end than the most expensive regular-season seat at 22 other Power 5 programs.
“The majority of people in my inner circle, a lot of them whom I would describe as diehard fans, would not pay that amount,” Fisher says. “I can honestly say I don’t know anybody that would pay.”
$657 bucks for a spring game? Even as epic as this spring game is lining up to be? NO WAY!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back