• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spielman and Morgan are Athlon preseason 1st team All Big 10

Morgan and Spielman deserve that recognition after what they did last season.

What's sad and concerning about Athlon's All-B1G list is that we only have one defensive player listed on any of the four All-Conference levels. (Stoltenberg is a 3rd team selection for Defensive Line). In other words, Athlon basically thinks that Nebraska has only 1 of the top 44 defenders in the conference. With the way our defense played all of last year - and the last three games in particular - I suppose it's hard to argue that there should be more.

What's sad and concerning about Athlon's All-B1G list is that we only have one defensive player listed on any of the four All-Conference levels. (Stoltenberg is a 3rd team selection for Defensive Line). In other words, Athlon basically thinks that Nebraska has only 1 of the top 44 defenders in the conference. With the way our defense played all of last year - and the last three games in particular - I suppose it's hard to argue that there should be more.
Yeah, the defense is going to have to prove it before they get much recognition

Last edited:

If the O-Line can give AM (;)) a little time we could be dangerous on O. I think the D will improve enough to be respectable...but again, its going to depend on the LOS. We must get better along the lines if we're going to take the next step...that takes recruiting and development and that takes time. And I'm not a patient man.

The Davis brothers, for all their experience, get no love at all. Hopefully that is somewhat based on Diaco's use of them, vs. lack of ability.

My only question would be how can we have two first team receivers but not at least a third team QB

Has Athlon ever compared its pre-season predictions with post-season results?

Last edited:

My point is that if 2 of our receivers are first team all BIG our QB will have the stats to be third team at least
Morgan damn near broke the 1000 yard mark for the first time in NU history and Spielman was dangerous too, and Tanner Lee didn't even deserve honorable mention. They're not always coorelated. Nobody is going to pick a freshman that has never played a down of football as one of the top 3 in the conference.

Plus, Athlon doesn't even know which QB is starting. So even if they used your logic, they wouldn't know which QB to pick.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back