• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Speculation on Joe Burrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

No its no my M.O.....your posting in this thread is what it is....and you will note several other folks have questioned your statements too....

As I said we have talent at the QB position....four guys who won state tiles in CA, TX, FL and GA.....and as I also said we do not know how good they actually are at this point in time because of sub-par coaching and development....not to mention your going to have an open competition this spring and fall and the cream will rise to the top.....I can almost guarantee you we are going to know pretty much who is who and the actual pecking order come the BYU game....

I wonder why they have not set the world on fire yet? Pretty easy to answer if you actually pay attention and watch and listen to the things being said....

That's kind of your MO, isn't it --- 'your struggling in this thread....badly' LOL.

Look at all of the true freshmen QB's starting and playing well this past year. Those are the guys you want in your program - where you can build over multiple seasons. Then you want to tell me Stanton, Darlington and Bush are the real deal? Maybe or Maybe not. But, they sure as heck haven't set the world on fire yet. But, I guessing it was Bo and Beck's fault they were 3rd string and below.

Last edited:
Had Miller not been hurt we would not even know much of anything about the second or third string QBs at Ohio State....and that is a fact....

Had you ever heard of Cardale Jones until about a month ago? NOPE!! He got a chance from 3rd string after 1st and 2nd QB's went down, and look what he did. Give the kids at Nebraska a chance, you never know.

Had Miller not been hurt we would not even know much of anything about the second or third string QBs at Ohio State....and that is a fact....

Also consider that both QB's looked terrible in the spring game (OSU fans' words, not mine) and there weren't very many optimistic OSU fans after the QB play in the Virginia Tech game.

My best friend and best man at my wedding is an Ohio State alum and he was scared to death going into the season that if Miller got hurt they were screwed...and yeah he struggled against both Navy and Va Tech.....and lets be honest that loss to Va Tech was devastating.....and almost cost them a playoff spot.....it turned out in the end to be a script that only Hollywood could write....

Also consider that both QB's looked terrible in the spring game (OSU fans' words, not mine) and there weren't very many optimistic OSU fans after the QB play in the Virginia Tech game.

No its no my M.O.....your posting in this thread is what it is....and you will note several other folks have questioned your statements too....

As I said we have talent at the QB position....four guys who won state tiles in CA, TX, FL and GA.....and as I also said we do not know how good they actually are at this point in time because of sub-par coaching and development....not to mention your going to have an open competition this spring and fall and the cream will rise to the top.....I can almost guarantee you we are going to know pretty much who is who and the actual pecking order come the BYU game....

I wonder why they have not set the world on fire yet? Pretty easy to answer if you actually pay attention and watch and listen to the things being said....

Does High School count any longer when you get to this level? We're playing with the big boys here - tOSU, Mich. State, Wisconsin, Minnesota (wait, never mind) the SEC. They all have QB's that won in Jr. High and beyond. I would call it average talent at NU for QB's, with the chance that Armstrong could be developed into a difference maker. But, he needs a ton of work.

I disagree....

Does High School count any longer when you get to this level? We're playing with the big boys here - tOSU, Mich. State, Wisconsin, Minnesota (wait, never mind) the SEC. They all have QB's that won in Jr. High and beyond. I would call it average talent at NU for QB's, with the chance that Armstrong could be developed into a difference maker. But, he needs a ton of work.

I Disagree too.

Maybe something better than 4 loss seasons and last second wins over teams like McNeese St and Northwestern would change my mind. Or missing open receivers. Or getting picked off at key times. Or not scoring points in big games like Wisconsin. Just sayin...

Last edited:
Maybe something better than 4 loss seasons and last second wins over teams like McNeese St and Northwestern would change my mind. Or missing open receivers. Or getting picked off at key times. Or not scoring points in big games like Wisconsin. Just sayin...

Understood. However, we now have a NEW STAFF on board and it's going to be an "Open" competition to who starts. If you recall, it just didn't seem to matter if we were up by 50 points or down by 50 points, other QB's rarely got to come off the bench in those circumstances to show what they could do, and when they did get a chance, they essentially handed the ball off. Past losses, no matter how many, have absolutely NOTHING to do with the future of Husker Football.

What does that have to do with the talent level at QB? Especially if the kids at the position were not being coached or developed properly? And that is an opinion shared by the vast majority of Husker fans.

The fact that Stanton and Armstrong were working with private coaches during the summer break or Brett Farve in Tommy's case is pretty tell-tale to the lack of coaching they were receiving....

Last edited:

What does that have to do with the talent level at QB? Especially if the kids at the position were not being coached or developed properly? And that is an opinion shared by the vast majority of Husker fans.

The fact that Stanton and Armstrong were working with private coaches during the summer break or Brett Farve in Tommy's case is pretty tell-tale to the lack of coaching they were receiving....

RR, so now you are not only speaking for all of the HM board but the vast majority of Husker fans, too? That seems a bit rich.

Its the truth.....like it or not.....

Your snarkiness is noted though....

Stick around you might learn something from the smart folk in this forum....I know I have....:)

RR, so now you are not only speaking for all of the HM board but the vast majority of Husker fans, too? That seems a bit rich.

If I remember correctly, Callahan brought in Joe Ganz, Beau Davis, and Jordan Adams as QBs in his transition class. We got 1.25 decent years out of Ganz, but collectively those reaches were an epic fail. Since Burrow isn't coming, then maybe it's better to wait until next year for a QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back