• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Speculation on Joe Burrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we took two last year and have five on scholarship we can afford to not take none this year even if we lose one after Spring Practice....the normal course it to take one per class. but because of other pressing needs to close this class out unless we can find one who is top notch its better to pass and work on getting one and perhaps two next year....we have a lot of talent at the QB position....kids who won state titles....we would have no problem with a starter and backup for the 2015 season....

This doesn't make me happy or sad, but I felt all along that Burrow just wasn't going to be "N". I'm pretty certain that this doesn't hurt our class at all(maybe a little I spose) but the Huskers will be just fine going forward.

When you have 3 guys in the program that are better than DONU's best QB and 2 more recruited this year that are better than any Husker backup - these things could happen. Its obvious Urban likes Burrow better. What's Kevin Dillman doing? Can he be recovered from the scrap heap for NU?

using the term "DONU" seems sarcastic and/or condescending to me...cant put my finger on it but just doesnt seem right to me...just my opinion

I read part, but not all of this thread (given it is at 55 pages now), but how about props to the kid for making a commitment and sticking with it. Something many people complain about on the board of a kid de-committing, yet despite everything he believes tOSU is the best fit for him...kind of impressive in many ways.

Yes, he is a good kid, great character prospect. Would love to have him in our program. I think the hard part for most Husker fans is the way he was treated by our coaches, and the fact that the main coach who treated him poorly, is now his position coach at OSU. This one is going to stick in the side of Husker fans for a long time.

Because we took two last year and have five on scholarship we can afford to not take none this year even if we lose one after Spring Practice....the normal course it to take one per class. but because of other pressing needs to close this class out unless we can find one who is top notch its better to pass and work on getting one and perhaps two next year....we have a lot of talent at the QB position....kids who won state titles....we would have no problem with a starter and backup for the 2015 season....

I completely Agree with this statement and it just seems we have what appears to be an Excellent staff in place. It should be an interesting and exciting Spring Game.

I agree....he appears to be a competitor too and there is something to be said for that too.....

I read part, but not all of this thread (given it is at 55 pages now), but how about props to the kid for making a commitment and sticking with it. Something many people complain about on the board of a kid de-committing, yet despite everything he believes tOSU is the best fit for him...kind of impressive in many ways.

What makes skipping QB this year somewhat palatable, is the fact that this is such a small class. And yes, taking two last year helps as well.

Next year, QB will be at the top of the list.

Actually Ryker Fyfe was not too shabby coming out of high school...
I'm not really sure how to respond to this post....expect to say its very uniformed....

If you seriously think that Ryker Fyfe is better than Stanton, Dalrington and Bush....then my goodness.....I suspect few if any on this board would agree with that....with a real honest to God QB coach (s) and a fair competition this year Fyfe may not see the field again at Nebraska.....

Why would he not be looking for a QB? The normal school of thought is to take one QB a class (although with five on scholarship there is no need to take one this year unless we find the right one) and Pelini and Beck screwed the pooch big time on that and were doing nothing to rectify it....the new staff is not looking for a QB because there is no talent on the roster....and if you believe then my goodness.... again.....

Your struggling in this thread....badly....

Riley and Langsdorf have a great reputation for developing QBs.....look at the kid they had for the last 4 years Mannion.......four year starter....and threw for over 13,000 yards with a high of 4600 in 2013 and a career completion percentage of almost 65%.....

I completely Agree with this statement and it just seems we have what appears to be an Excellent staff in place. It should be an interesting and exciting Spring Game.

I'm not really sure how to respond to this post....expect to say its very uniformed....

If you seriously think that Ryker Fyfe is better than Stanton, Dalrington and Bush....then my goodness.....I suspect few if any on this board would agree with that....with a real honest to God QB coach (s) and a fair competition this year Fyfe may not see the field again at Nebraska.....

Why would he not be looking for a QB? The normal school of thought is to take one QB a class (although with five on scholarship there is no need to take one this year unless we find the right one) and Pelini and Beck screwed the pooch big time on that and were doing nothing to rectify it....the new staff is not looking for a QB because there is no talent on the roster....and if you believe then my goodness.... again.....

Your struggling in this thread....badly....

That's kind of your MO, isn't it --- 'your struggling in this thread....badly' LOL.

Look at all of the true freshmen QB's starting and playing well this past year. Those are the guys you want in your program - where you can build over multiple seasons. Then you want to tell me Stanton, Darlington and Bush are the real deal? Maybe or Maybe not. But, they sure as heck haven't set the world on fire yet. But, I guessing it was Bo and Beck's fault they were 3rd string and below.

Oh I agree as you already know....

I agree will be the key to the class in 2016.....Langsdorf is going to be able to sell Eli Manning....and I fully expect to have an elite 4-star in the fold and early to boot....

What makes skipping QB this year somewhat palatable, is the fact that this is such a small class. And yes, taking two last year helps as well.

Next year, QB will be at the top of the list.

That's kind of your MO, isn't it --- 'your struggling in this thread....badly' LOL.

Look at all of the true freshmen QB's starting and playing well this past year. Those are the guys you want in your program - where you can build over multiple seasons. Then you want to tell me Stanton, Darlington and Bush are the real deal? Maybe or Maybe not. But, they sure as heck haven't set the world on fire yet. But, I guessing it was Bo and Beck's fault they were 3rd string and below.

Had you ever heard of Cardale Jones until about a month ago? NOPE!! He got a chance from 3rd string after 1st and 2nd QB's went down, and look what he did. Give the kids at Nebraska a chance, you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back