• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sounds like no one is stepping up at RB

What short memories people have. I remember when #1 was suspended in 95 and a certain true FR stepped up and we did not miss a beat. Sometimes things are not as close as what we hear. Sometimes they are even closer than we think. Neither one is good or bad. It is what happens in the season that matters.
And sometimes when you have an OL so good, a bunch of good backs can look great. I am hoping we find a great back until we have an OL that makes it much less important.

And sometimes when you have an OL so good, a bunch of good backs can look great. I am hoping we find a great back until we have an OL that makes it much less important.
Was gonna say, maybe not a lot of talk because the O line is still developing as it should and we all hope for

What short memories people have. I remember when #1 was suspended in 95 and a certain true FR stepped up and we did not miss a beat. Sometimes things are not as close as what we hear. Sometimes they are even closer than we think. Neither one is good or bad. It is what happens in the season that matters.

if there's a 2nd coming of ahman green on the roster he will let us all know by fall camp. that '95 OL was in a 'slightly' better position than this years group as well so i think throwing out the scenerio above and comparing it to this year is a bit apples and oranges.

if there's a 2nd coming of ahman green on the roster he will let us all know by fall camp. that '95 OL was in a 'slightly' better position than this years group as well so i think throwing out the scenerio above and comparing it to this year is a bit apples and oranges.
The point .....................................you

You missed it.

O-line so good, serviceable passing game, creative unpredictable, strategic play calling, good RPO execution by the QB...many aspects of this team game can make the backs look great.

LOL...are you really supposing that anyone on this board has forgotten 1995? It might shock you, since you think Ron Brown was coaching defensive backs that year, but some people recall this stuff like it was yesterday. Moreover, no one was shocked to see Ahman step in as he did...he was one of the most ballyhooed of all TO commits.

I never said anything about us not doing well at RB or having a lack of talent...I'm excited about the talent (as mentioned). I do think it odd that Held hasn't been more positive in his comments and that a few of the RB's aren't being pointed out as stepping up. It all seems a bit negative so far.

Last edited:

I've heard the coaches say some positive things about Greg Bell. Unless I'm mistaken, the guy who started for us last year, Tre Bryant, hasn't been able to get any reps this spring. If he can come back from his knee injury, he has the potential to be awesome.

I'm not sure if Ozigbo or Wilbon have the potential to be superstars. I think they're both solid, but I also think they both have a definite ceiling. I'm not yet sure what to think about Jaylin Bradley ... he showed some good things last year. The nice thing about RB is that it is a position where true freshman can contribute, so hopefully Washington or Jones can also step up and earn some playing time.

It may end up taking a couple of years before the RB position gets back to what it has historically been for us. We had a great run with Helu, Burkhead and Abdullah. Hopefully we can get back to that soon.
Burning Bradley's RS was idiotic considering how much he played.

I never said anything about us not doing well at RB or having a lack of talent...I'm excited about the talent (as mentioned). I do think it odd that Held hasn't been more positive in his comments and that a few of the RB's aren't being pointed out as stepping up. It all seems a bit negative so far.

"Ryan, the overall Kool-Aid level is pretty good right now but I am getting a lot of complaints about the running back situation. Could you please step up the praise from your side of the house?"

paul-blart-mall-cop-movie-clip-screenshot-sworn-oath_large.jpg

Last edited:

The O Line is critical getting to the second layer, after that, it's up to the RB to use the receivers blocking and space to create opportunity.
But it all starts up front. An offense struggles when the OL is poor even if they have a great RB. If you have a great OL, an average RB will still have success. Not the amount of success a great RB will have but the offense still functions. It largely works for receivers and QB as well.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back