• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Some schools in trouble with the law.

Two have now been fired by USC, Donna Heinel, a senior athletics administrator, and Jovan Vavic, men’s and women’s water polo head coach. There are 2 soccer coaches at USC that have been indicted, no word on their status.

IMG_20190313_164659.jpg

Agree. To some extent this is old news. In the past, a rich parent would make a donation to the school and the child would be admitted. In this case, donations were made to individuals and the schools didn't see the money. Additionally, the wealthy parents often took the "donation" as a tax deduction, breaking federal and possibly state law. There may be many other state and federal laws that were broken as well.
I think there is a difference. Before it was all kind of above the board. This was done in a way that made it still appear they got in on merit. Even though none of these kids have probably done A sport in their life. Also the "I will donate a million dollars to the new business college building if my kid gets in." Benefited all the kids in the school because they all were able to take advantage of the new business school building. This way only the kid, and the coach got any advantage from the buy in.

I think there is a difference. Before it was all kind of above the board. This was done in a way that made it still appear they got in on merit. Even though none of these kids have probably done A sport in their life. Also the "I will donate a million dollars to the new business college building if my kid gets in." Benefited all the kids in the school because they all were able to take advantage of the new business school building. This way only the kid, and the coach got any advantage from the buy in.

"Rich kids should have to get into college the old-fashioned way. By their parents donating a library”

Last edited:

I agree that the old way was more above board and was seemingly legal. As you mentioned, often there was benefit received by other, non-involved, students. The more recent revelations seem to violate a number of state and federal laws. Also, the more recent activities weren't meant to be publicized and the benefit was only for the child of the persons making the payments. The schools received no benefit from the "donation."

Shame these kids are too stupid to get into school on their own merit. I have to be honest I just really don't care one bit about these famous people, never have never will.

Sounds like the white leftist liberals are at it again. Rich white male children of Hollywood liberals getting something females, people of color or lower financial status don't. Seems totally sexist & racist to me. Isn't that the kind of things they accuse conservatives of? Just like they do with all the sex stuff, but when it's Bill Clinton, Harvey Weinstein, Al Frankin and others, all is fine. Libs seem to be the ones doing everything they accuse the conservatives of doing. As usual

Hey P & R (Pelosi & Reed) BUILD THE WALL!!!

Except when they are not leftist liberals. Not sure how a worthless wall plays into it.

https://uproxx.com/viral/lori-loughlin-husband-mossimo-giannulli-trump-supporter/

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back