• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Some Rumblings on Twitter About Blades and Watts

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Quick_Reference_Sheet.pdf

Here's the sheet that tells you what you need depending on what your GPA is.
Thanks for the handy dandy qualification guide. My guess is that the players retaking the SAT are doing that because that's the test that is offered next. The qualification matrix shows that getting a high enough score on either test would be sufficient. Another guess would be that the kids in question had a closer score on the SAT. Either way, maybe we should start a fund to send Carrolltonhusker over yonder to help Watts (short drive compared to FLA). I like Watts' personality, and it would be great to see him working in the middle.

Last edited:

What was posted at this point in time is fact and if you had a subscription to one of the pay recruiting sites you could read it and confirm it. Bottom line what is/was a brief summary without going into detail because it is VIP information. Thus no link.

Are you suggesting that I chose to spend my hard earned dollar elsewhere? Again, there was no information within this thread that suggested the information that was "known" needed a pay service to get. (Which you yourself often state to to not pay for.) Therefore, it sure seems to fall into the rumor category from my perspective.

Yet once again I see another thread hijacked in the recruiting forum with pages of nothing that has much of anything to do with the subject and folks coming to a thread looking for information and finding none of that. A lot of the regulars to this forum have grown beyond tierd of that and post less and less and have found other ways to communicate with each other so as not to have to deal with it.

I consider myself a regular and the thread was fine and interesting IMO, *** provided a very interesting document talking about grades vs. scores and then the thread moved on to testing materials and the variety of test options available to student athletes, all good information and which I enjoyed reading, but it is information that doesn't help me learn about the student athletes in the thread title and I would suggest that was a fine direction for the thread to travel.

My advice to those who are doing this is to start offering something of substance and stop ruining threads with this stuff. Oh and if the shoe fits the wear it.

I have asked folks in thread after thread to get back on topic. No one I hope wants this to become like the football forum which of late it appears to be.

Anyway this thread is shot to help and once again that is unfortunate.

Thanks. Noted. (Anyone who has a problem with my postings please send me a PM and we can amicably discuss it.)

I'll now let myself out of this thread in order to let you have the last word, which is the shoe that fits.

Last edited:
Unless things have changed the SAT is harder than the ACT. I know the University of California only accepted the SAT when I attended. Now with that being said a lot schools as has been pointed out take both now. Bottom line is both need to raise their scores in order to gain admittance. Right now the feeling is both will.

Thanks for the handy dandy qualification guide. My guess is that the players retaking the SAT are doing that because that's the test that is offered next. The qualification matrix shows that getting a high enough score on either test would be sufficient. Another guess would be that the kids in question had a closer score on the SAT. Either way, maybe we should start a fund to send Carrolltonhusker over yonder to help Watts (short drive compared to FLA). I like Watts' personality, and it would be great to see him working in the middle.

2. Three of Walker's 2017 scholarship classmates -- Elijah Blades, Deontre Thomas and Deiontae Watts -- must clear academic hurdles before officially joining the Huskers next month.

According to Huskeronline.com, Blades, a four-star cornerback from Pasadena, California, is awaiting grades in four classes, and there is a possibility he will need to take an online or summer class before being able to report to NU.

Thomas, a three-star defensive tackle from Mustang, Oklahoma, has graduated, but won't know if he's fully qualified until he gets his final GPA in early June, he said.

Watts, a three-star defensive tackle from Plano, Texas, needs to improve his SAT score "a few points" to qualify, according to his coach.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back