• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Some Rumblings on Twitter About Blades and Watts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not meant to be a stupid question but does UNL require the SAT? Why not take the ACT?
Pretty sure they don't require the SAT. When I went there 10ish years ago, almost everyone took the ACT.

Pretty sure they don't require the SAT. When I went there 10ish years ago, almost everyone took the ACT.

When I went to UNL about the same time period, they accepted both. Most students from the Midwest took the ACT like you noted though.

Didn't think so, I think most schools on the coast require the SAT but on the whole the midwest doesn't.

If they have the grades and required hours what kind of numbers do they need on the SAT's?

SAT just redid their scoring I think now it goes up to 2400 or so, used to be 1600. Not sure what is required.

I know they accept both, but I thought the ACT was an 'easier' test than the SAT. My daughter just graduated from high school and took both (unlike her father she is very smart) I believe she thought the ACT was easier.
I work as a tutor for both, and I think they are very similar in difficulty. But if one actually is a little easier, it wouldn't matter since they are both norm-referenced tests. In other words, if the ACT is a little easier, everyone taking it will score a little better, but the student's rank-order will be about the same for both since each student's raw score is being compared to the large pool of other students who are taking the same test.

Last edited:

I work as a tutor for both, and I think they are very similar in difficulty. But if one actually is a little easier, it wouldn't matter since they are both norm-referenced tests. In other words, if the ACT is a little easier, everyone taking it will score a little better, but the student's rank-order will be about the same for both since each student's raw score is being compared to the large pool of other students who are taking the same test.

Thanks for info.

When I took the ACT I immediately picked up the test and started walking out the door. The proctor asked me where I was going and I said, "I'm taking the test." He looked shocked so I asked, "Should I sit down and finish it first?" He nodded vigorously and said, "Yes you should, huskernut. You're very important. You set the bottom of the curve."

So later when my guidance counselor sat me down to talk to me about my career plans, I asked what I got on the test and he said, "You should be very proud. You scored a perfect 10." Then I asked what I should do for a career and he said, "There isn't much money in it, but you should consider being a poster on a message board."

Boy was I excited when the internet was invented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back