• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Softball Comment (just to get some views)

Im sure this will be moved soon (as it probably should be). The reason I like, and am pretty good with, numbers at my job is because there are always a lot of them and you can essentially prove any point that you desire by selecting the right ones. I am sure we all know it is most likely about the SEC/ ESPN connection but this could really be some hot fodder for the team if they are truly worthy of that top position. I honestly do not know how good the B1G is in softball this year to make an intelligent comment on whether they got slighted but it would definitely seem that way.

I get Minnesota is in the north, sos, wins/loses vs top 10 top 25, but it is not unprecedented that a team from the north is good. Michigan several years ago. I get not being the top seed but come on, not even a top 16.

Wow, that is BS. I get that you may not seed them even in the top ten, but to not even get a seed is BS on the NCAA's part.

Im sure this will be moved soon (as it probably should be). The reason I like, and am pretty good with, numbers at my job is because there are always a lot of them and you can essentially prove any point that you desire by selecting the right ones. I am sure we all know it is most likely about the SEC/ ESPN connection but this could really be some hot fodder for the team if they are truly worthy of that top position. I honestly do not know how good the B1G is in softball this year to make an intelligent comment on whether they got slighted but it would definitely seem that way.
ESPN? are you serious?

Minns baseball team could be left hanging because of a low SoS (116).

I'm confused since their RPI is 11. Always thought RPI was mostly about strength of schedule. Somebody got hosed. Wonder who is on the committee that decides seating.

By the way, 13 of 16 SEC got into the tournament.

If you pay any attention to NCAA softball, the SEC is by far the best conference right now. For years it was the PAC 12. They are still very good too, but the SEC is loaded. There is bias towards the SEC and PAC 12, but they have earned that right. With little exception the NCAA softball champ has come from one of those confereces for a long time. Oklahoma is also a power. It is still BS that a team that has an RPI of 11 and only has 3 losses is not seeded at all.

If you pay any attention to NCAA softball, the SEC is by far the best conference right now. For years it was the PAC 12. They are still very good too, but the SEC is loaded. There is bias towards the SEC and PAC 12, but they have earned that right. With little exception the NCAA softball champ has come from one of those confereces for a long time. Oklahoma is also a power. It is still BS that a team that has an RPI of 11 and only has 3 losses is not seeded at all.

Enough with the derogatory comments please. Yes I pay lots of attention to softball, especially this time of year, and have for many years so cut out the negative tone. I stated a fact. You and I both know there is some SEC bias in a lot of sports. Of course the SEC is good in softball; its warm weather down here so girls play it all year round. Not saying they don't deserve to be in it, but seriously doubt Minnesota doesn't deserve a regional. Now that to me is clearly not fair. They showed in their first game against La Tech out of Ruston. Hoping they use the snub as motivation to go all the way. Looking forward to seeing them in the WCWS in OKC.

Instead of the NCAA making excuses they should just say we made a mistake. Simple then move on.

Enough with the derogatory comments please. Yes I pay lots of attention to softball, especially this time of year, and have for many years so cut out the negative tone. I stated a fact. You and I both know there is some SEC bias in a lot of sports. Of course the SEC is good in softball; its warm weather down here so girls play it all year round. Not saying they don't deserve to be in it, but seriously doubt Minnesota doesn't deserve a regional. Now that to me is clearly not fair. They showed in their first game against La Tech out of Ruston. Hoping they use the snub as motivation to go all the way. Looking forward to seeing them in the WCWS in OKC.

Sorry, wasn't meaning anything derogatory. Most people don't watch a lot of softball. I actually watch it more than college baseball.

Maybe the NCAA tournament committee knew something most people didn't as the Gophers lost 2x to Alabama. They were both close pitchers duels.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back