1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

SOCCER 2018-2019

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by jikastew, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Red Reign

Red Reign Husker Immortal 10 Year Member

All kidding aside may just happen

2. Red Reign

United now 4-0 post Jose and in sixth place

Three points behind Aresnal and six behind Chelsea

Real good shot at a Champions League spot and at worst Europa

3. Porkchopexpress

Porkchopexpress Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

Just figured out that all FA Cup games are behind the ESPN+ paywall. That's ******* ridiculous.

4. Red Reign

Not surprised. Their business model is a disaster right now and its why they have fallen so far. Funny because as far as I know they still get the biggest piece of the buck of every cable/satellite dollar.

Too bad they are involved in futbal/soccer at all....

You can sign up for ESPN+ for $5 a month....not worth it in my opinion.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  5. Red Reign

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2018/08/15/tv-not-included-espns-plan-stream-fa-cup-games-espn/

6. Porkchopexpress

I could understand putting the early rounds only on ESPN+, but quarterfinals and on should be on cable. I refuse to sign up for ESPN+ since I already pay for the ESPN package through my YoutubeTV subscription. I might try the 7-day free trial if Chelsea makes the finals.

I'm usually very anti-illegal streaming, but I might have to make an exception for this.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  7. Red Reign

You won't have to worry about the free trial

Look I get the streaming is a big thing but only to a point. I think its really going to hurt them as they will lose the casual viewers especially the semi's and the final. Hard core fans will sign up for the most part bit that will not fuel their advertisments.

You will be able to watch highlights on You Tube as the FA will put those up

8. Porkchopexpress

I see what you did there. :Thumbsdown:

Red Reign likes this.
  9. jikastew

jikastew All Legend 10 Year Member

Same with NBC Gold. NBC yanked their complete EPL coverage save a couple games each week and put the rest on Gold for an extra fee. I'm paying for extra NBC stations already and they want to tag on another cost? I will never understand ESPN+. I already pay a huge chunk of my cable bill due to ESPN, compared to other channels. They want to double dip into my pocket? No chance. I was happy that Cox can be manipulated to get ESPN3 games through Contour. That comes in handy every so often.

10. Red Reign

QPR beats Leeds 2-1 in FA Cup Third Round Match

Leeds is top the table in the league with QPR tied for seventh

Nice win for the R's

11. jikastew

Sitting here watching La Liga is fine. Would enjoy watching FA cup more. But, really, there has to be some sort of language in future contracts by these Cups with TV media that a certain amount of games need to be shown live on standard/premium cable channels. The interest must be low enough that they are happy with whatever they get?

12. Red Reign

They ate trying to promote ESPN + and this is one of the ways to do it. I think it will backfire especially when the Final is on.

13. Porkchopexpress

I give NBCSports a little bit of a pass, because they put so many games on their cable network (and CNBC) and OTA NBC. If you're a fan of a bottom table team it probably sucks, but it's not much different than how the other professional sports handle their TV packages.

14. jikastew

Seems like a silly argument to have only just a month later. The author was/is an idiot.

Dembele is worth every bit the risk and headache at this point. He still doesn't know how to play in Barca's system. But it doesn't matter.

15. Dotsee

Dotsee Junior Varsity 10 Year Member

As a US fan, happy and hope he does well. As a Beyern fan...WOOHOO Bayern...good riddance, WOOT...one less fast young dude for our old midfielders like Hummels and Boateng to have to chase...speaking of which, Bayern needs to start getting younger at several positions.