• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

SOCCER 2018-2019

United with a 2-1 win over Watford. Have gone 11-1 under Solskjar in the league

Tied with Spurs on 61 points good enough for third spot in the league

SKC drubbed again to lose 10-2 on aggregate in CCL semis. Not surprising.

I won't take credit for this info but the 3 subs that came off the bench for Monterrey collectively made twice as much as the entire SKC roster last year.

Was watching Sky Sports News (daily on NBCSN at 10 AM CDT) yesterday and they were looking at average attendance for club sides in the world last year and Atlanta came in 10th with just over 52,000 a game. I thought that was pretty cool Ana shows the continuing growth of the sport in the USA

Red Bull expected to name Henry their head coach

Carlos Vela having an MVP season thus far with 9 goals and 5 assists in 9 games for LAFC

Bob Bradley coach of the year thus far

Watching through all the MLS highlights from the weekend. Some utterly horrible defending league-wide. Just atrocious.

Regarding SKC.........I think Zusi is done. Every game or so, he'll offer something pretty meaningful going forward from his RB position. But, damn, his defending is just horrible. He's good for probably 4-5 solid chances on goal for the opposition every game. Their fullback play from both sides will limit what they can do this year, as they are well below average. And that's assuming their center backs don't get split time and time again. Who would have thought a Vermes team would be so horrible defending across the back line? Doesn't help that they have a converted box-to-box MF trying to play opposite of Zusi. For the second straight game, he's kept someone onside leading to a goal.

Busio's development will be interesting to watch. He's only 16. He absolutely puts himself in good positions over and over again. Drew another penalty again this week. But he's such a liability defensively. Need to get some good weight on him and put some muscle on him.

Vela is playing on a level no one in the MLS can deal with right now. SKC cannot beat them in a home/away playoff if it comes down to it. Vela would (and did) destroy us out wide.

EPL winding down to a fantastic finish. Top spot up for grabs. Remaining Champions League spots all within a point of each other. Even the relegation battle will come down to the end. Kane's injury sucks for every fan of the game. When did Jordan Henderson get so good? Now he's selectively getting forward and picks his spots well. I didn't see it coming.

31-year-old Messi has officially transitioned to older Messi. Masterful either way. No one drops in diagonals like him. So fun to watch all year. Coutinho, IMO, has turned the corner. People get too excited and over-react when players transfer in to Barca. For most, it takes 2 years to learn how to play in that system, considering they have the ability to do so. He's taking more freedom to roam and he's better doing that than staying wide. Apparently I'm in the minority, but I love his projections for next year. Barca has a couple stellar youth products coming up and it'll be interesting to see if they can keep them happy, waiting their turn. They're having to pay these guys serious money just to stay in the system and play on Barca B. With Rakitic aging and maybe on the transfer block, Busquets slowly fading, Rafinha probably on the block, and an old Vidal......there's room if they want it. Can't waste Messi years trying a roster rebuild though. Puig is a name to remember because he's ready now.

And Chelsea poops the bed with a draw against Burnley today.

Truthfully, I think they are one creative central midfielder away from a CL spot. Unfortunately, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

And Chelsea poops the bed with a draw against Burnley today.

Truthfully, I think they are one creative central midfielder away from a CL spot. Unfortunately, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Also sucks that CHO is done for the year... but that might be the thing that keeps him from going to Bayern.

Chelsea is so much better when Jorginho is benched, its ridiculous.

So what's everyone's take on the Leeds/Aston Villa situation? For me, I didn't have a problem with Leeds playing on, but I can see where people have a problem with the Leeds player acting like he was going to put the ball out, only to send in a through ball on goal. I absolutely hate the idea that teams have to send the ball out because someone is grabbing at their ankle after a hard tackle. Everyone on the field could clearly see the Aston Villa player wasn't hurt, but was trying to slow play down. If a team wants to halt play, win the ball back. Obviously, head injuries are different. With all that said, I didn't have a problem with the Leeds manager telling his team to allow a goal for AV.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back