• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

SNOW

HUSKER HOT SAUCE

Be Yourself - Everyone Else Is Already Taken
10 Year Member
Just two weeks ago, I had to cancel several hikes because of smoke from wild fires. Now, I have to cancel hikes because of SNOW!!!! ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! I'm hiking tomorrow anywho. So, if you don't here from me by Saturday night, send out a search party..... BRRRR....

Nothing better than enough snow to require back-breaking shoveling and nightmarish travel on roads.
You sound like an elderly man. Weak.;)

Thankfully the Denver area has very little of either. But a hour drive gets you to a winter wonderland.

You sound like an elderly man. Weak.;)

Thankfully the Denver area has very little of either. But a hour drive gets you to a winter wonderland.

I went through a half-dozen snows in Philly that were greater than 20 inches. In 2010, 44 inches in four days. It freakin sucked even if you were 20 years of age and a serious athlete.

I'm fine with driving to snow for recreational purposes. But for the daily routine, anything more than a couple inches of snow is a hassle, which will require you more time than if there were no snow.

I went through a half-dozen snows in Philly that were greater than 20 inches. In 2010, 44 inches in four days. It freakin sucked even if you were 20 years of age and a serious athlete.

I'm fine with driving to snow for recreational purposes. But for the daily routine, anything more than a couple inches of snow is a hassle, which will require you more time than if there were no snow.
Denver street snow is typically gone the next day or two.

But snow means money and recreation for me so of course I love it.

Denver street snow is typically gone the next day or two.

But snow means money and recreation for me so of course I love it.

I hear ya. And I confess, I'm lazy. I love being able to spend about 1 minute getting dressed in a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops/sneakers about 340 days per year.

I hear ya. And I confess, I'm lazy. I love being able to spend about 1 minute getting dressed in a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops/sneakers about 340 days per year.
To me, highs in the 70s is absolutely perfect. The thing I like about Colorado is every season is mild. It never gets too hot or cold. I have lived in Wisconsin and Arizona and both have extremes. And I just have no desire to live in humidity again.

To me, highs in the 70s is absolutely perfect. The thing I like about Colorado is every season is mild. It never gets too hot or cold. I have lived in Wisconsin and Arizona and both have extremes. And I just have no desire to live in humidity again.

You know I'll always call you out when you say it never gets too cold. ;)

Last winter was a warmer-than-normal winter for Denver. Yet, 54 nights last winter fell into the teens or colder. 13 of those were in the single digits. Six were below-zero. Including a 15-degrees-below-zero morning.

17 daytime highs never got above the freezing mark.

I do know cold doesn't tend to last long, as when the wind shifts direction, it can easily be in the 60s mid-winter. But it does get darn cold there on occasion. It's not a Wisconsin winter -- but it's closer to Wisconsin-like than it is Arizona.

Maybe you just have much thicker blood than me! :Biggrin:

You know I'll always call you out when you say it never gets too cold. ;)

Last winter was a warmer-than-normal winter for Denver. Yet, 54 nights last winter fell into the teens or colder. 13 of those were in the single digits. Six were below-zero. Including a 15-degrees-below-zero morning.

17 daytime highs never got above the freezing mark.

I do know cold doesn't tend to last long, as when the wind shifts direction, it can easily be in the 60s mid-winter. But it does get darn cold there on occasion. It's not a Wisconsin winter -- but it's closer to Wisconsin-like than it is Arizona.

Maybe you just have much thicker blood than me! :Biggrin:
Compared to Wisconsin, thats not cold at all. And really, you can dress for cold anyway. Working in intense heat is the worst.

went through 25 Minnesota winters...ugh. Never again. Love the first snow fall for sure. After that...nah. Love the lows of maybe 30 something here is Austin.

went through 25 Minnesota winters...ugh. Never again. Love the first snow fall for sure. After that...nah. Love the lows of maybe 30 something here is Austin.

And those lows of 30-something are not very common. That's what I love about that. :)

Compared to Wisconsin, thats not cold at all. And really, you can dress for cold anyway. Working in intense heat is the worst.

True. Though I don't work outdoors. I only play outdoors. It's fair to say, many more people play outdoors when it's hot than when it's cold. Yes, I know there's skiing. I also know it's a lot easier for most people to find a pool, lake, stream, or ocean than a mountain.

Anyhow, I don't really like dressing for cold. It's layers. It's bulky. And it takes extra time to get ready.

All that being said, I always contend, Denver or nearby would be on my very short list of places I'd live if not Austin. Denver is a great city and Colorado is a great state. I just don't like the winter part -- otherwise, it's fantastic.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back