• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Skunk ***DO NOT READ***

I'm out of this thread having said what needed to be said. I believe SF and Chin have great intentions, they want to be great and have the defense be great. Wonderful. If they can do that, no one will be worried too much about how they do it.

I'm out of this thread having said what needed to be said. I believe SF and Chin have great intentions, they want to be great and have the defense be great. Wonderful. If they can do that, no one will be worried too much about how they do it.

Now that I can agree with. You should have just said that instead of all the 'trampling on tradition' and 'shaming last year's players' stuff.

The Blackshirts have historically been a team award. Given out to the starting defensive team. Individual "earning" of a blackshirt was done by making that starting team, but it has always served as a team award that generated cohesiveness and pride in the unit, in the "band of brothers" so to speak. Taking away the team part of the tradition and turning it into some kind of unnecessary, and potentially divisive, individual award will likely prove to be counter-productive. Let's just hope that this staff's coaching ability is so good that we don't dwell on the trampling of one of our greatest traditions.

Trampling. Wow.

You all do know that I did say it is Frost's team and he can do what he wants and more power to him.

But since I was called out in this thread i sure hope i did not disappoint anyone!

Skunk hugs for everybody!:Corn2:

Didn't really mean to call you out more like a little light ribbing hope I didn't offend you

Regardless, they can do what they want and I am all for them being successful.
Yea I can tell you are all for them being successful. So far in this thread alone you have accused them of "trampling on tradition", dishonoring the blackshirt tradition", and "shaming last years players for motivational purposes". I can't even begin to think what you would have to say about them if you didn't support their success.

Yea I can tell you are all for them being successful. So far in this thread alone you have accused them of "trampling on tradition", dishonoring the blackshirt tradition", and "shaming last years players for motivational purposes". I can't even begin to think what you would have to say about them if you didn't support their success.
Goody goody now we got something we all can gang up on each other pound our chest and claim we are such better fans than those other fans!

Here I thought it was gonna be a slow summer!

Chinander has spoken to Kelsay, the Peter brothers, and Charlie McBride. But none of those dummies know the tradition better than a guy who wears a dead skunk on his head and overuses exclamation points.

It's also interesting that there are some here that seem to think that the color of a practice jersey is more important than other traditions, such as power football, the option game, running quarterbacks, etc.

Did you guys all know that one of UCF's colors is black? How do we know that wearing a black shirt isn't some rotten UCF tradition, like wearing a gray sweatshirt was an Ohio State tradition?

Harumph!!

Just wait until he wins 9 games

Goody goody now we got something we all can gang up on each other pound our chest and claim we are such better fans than those other fans!

Skunk, look at the way you voice your frustration with this versus the way he does. Nobody is ganging up on you because of that.

Skunk, look at the way you voice your frustration with this versus the way he does. Nobody is ganging up on you because of that.

Chinander has spoken to Kelsay, the Peter brothers, and Charlie McBride. But none of those dummies know the tradition better than a guy who wears a dead skunk on his head and overuses exclamation points.

It's also interesting that there are some here that seem to think that the color of a practice jersey is more important than other traditions, such as power football, the option game, running quarterbacks, etc.

Did you guys all know that one of UCF's colors is black? How do we know that wearing a black shirt isn't some rotten UCF tradition, like wearing a gray sweatshirt was an Ohio State tradition?

Harumph!!
Quit doing this"!!!!!!!" A long long time ago!

But golly gee whiz you sure got me!

Why not bring up my dead dog? You know how well that gets under my skin!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back