• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Signing day and upcoming spring practice thoughts

Unfortunately, Title IX does affect some of the sports we like best. that's too bad.

But we have really shortchanged women in this society for centuries, and in many respects we still do. Maybe in some ways this is overreaction, but if so they are entitle d to a bit of the good stuff for a while.
Short changed? Propping up sports that cost as much as a sport that is revenue neutral or even a moneymaker is only shortchanging the fans. With very few exceptions, men’s sports outdraw women’s. That being the case, it seems schools should be allowed to field all the sports their budgets allow. The real flaw is trying to create a level playing field with scholarships. If they’d said they would offer an equal number of sports, even those of us who truly hate Title IX could live with that.

I used to think Title IX only applied to scholarships a University could give out. For example, baseball gives partial scholarships because football accounts for so many male scholarships that if baseball received full scholarships as well, there would need to be nearly twice as many womens sports. But I believe there has to be just as many male athletes as female, scholarship or non-scholarship, at the University.
Well, maybe Rhonda Revelle will need to up her softball roster to keep pace with the men's sports. How would you conduct practice with 150 softball players? :thumbsup::Rolf::Biggrin:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back