• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Shavon Shields

Nebugeater

Junior Varsity
20 Year Member
Two years ago today at the Rutgers game, that was a Sat afternoon game, was when many of us saw Shields go down. Got reminded from my Facebook post that day right after the game that popped up today in my memories. Can't say my feelings about how concering it was are any different now even knowing that he was back on the court later that season.

My FB post at the time
Seeing this happen was the scariest thing I have ever seen in a basketball court. 14000 people were 100% silent for every bit of 10-15 minutes. The thought going through everyone as we watched things was how much of a life changing injury was this. Some good news started to filter around the arena after play resumed but there is still lot unknown. Keep your thoughts with the Shields family as this is fully diagnosed.

Here is the LJS story from that game about it I just searched for.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_98141b5a-02ab-5772-b43c-f1122b756cdd.html

Yeah. Good kid, scary time. I'm happy that he'll play basketball until he doesn't want to, then go on to the next field in which he will excel.

Too many turnovers. Other than that, they’re playing well. Nice rebounding especially.

Last edited:

Plays for an average team in Italy's Serie A (Trento?). Looks like he's not having a great season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back