• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Shatel: Iowa, Not Nebraska, Dreaming Of CWS In June

Husker Eponymous

Scout Team
10 Year Member
First few paragraphs as its a for pay story:

INCOLN — You have room for two more, Omaha? Big Ten baseball coaches want to make the conference tournament a 10-team affair.

Can we start this year?

That wouldn’t guarantee a spot for the local team, Nebraska, which currently sits in 11th place in the 13-team Big Ten. But, hey, it gets NU closer.

Images of TD Ameritrade Park without the Huskers and about 20,000 of their closest friends seem about as gloomy as an April weather forecast.

But look who might ride to the rescue.

Imagine a week with Iowa baseball fans setting up shop in downtown Omaha and the eateries and bars around TD Ameritrade.

Imagine those fans gazing around and saying, “I wonder what this would be like during the College World Series.”

Crazy? About 20 years ago, so was the idea of Nebraska showing up in June.

Two years ago, in the second Big Ten tournament in Omaha, Iowa made it to the championship game against Ohio State. The ballpark was filled with black and gold.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/plus/s...cle_d5d16837-435f-5991-8546-8417f74be85a.html

I don't think a team that pads its victory total with wins over the likes of Maryville, Loras College, Cornell (Iowa) College, and Coe College is likely to make the CWS.

First few paragraphs as its a for pay story:

INCOLN — You have room for two more, Omaha? Big Ten baseball coaches want to make the conference tournament a 10-team affair.

Can we start this year?

That wouldn’t guarantee a spot for the local team, Nebraska, which currently sits in 11th place in the 13-team Big Ten. But, hey, it gets NU closer.

Images of TD Ameritrade Park without the Huskers and about 20,000 of their closest friends seem about as gloomy as an April weather forecast.

But look who might ride to the rescue.

Imagine a week with Iowa baseball fans setting up shop in downtown Omaha and the eateries and bars around TD Ameritrade.

Imagine those fans gazing around and saying, “I wonder what this would be like during the College World Series.”

Crazy? About 20 years ago, so was the idea of Nebraska showing up in June.

Two years ago, in the second Big Ten tournament in Omaha, Iowa made it to the championship game against Ohio State. The ballpark was filled with black and gold.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/plus/s...cle_d5d16837-435f-5991-8546-8417f74be85a.html

Who would you hire?

How many teams buses would have to run into lampposts around the country to get Nebraska or Iowa into the CWS?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back