• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

SF says we need some more pass catchers

Paramus

Travel Squad
5 Year Member
It's from the new 247 article

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...-Frost-quarterback-Adrian-Martinez-131466580/

Its about developing the pass catchers who are already on board and hoping the ones who arrive in the fall can quickly become contributors.

My take on the new guys.

- Wandale Robinson: He is an excellent pass catcher. He already knows the offense. He will surely be a contributor.

- Nance: He also knows the offense. He has good hands and good speed, but I don't see him becoming a significant contributor to the passing game this season. I think he'll need more time to develop.

- Dedrick Mills: I don't think anyone knows if he is a good pass catcher or not. However he will be a contributor regardless. Last season Devine Ozigbo only averaged 1.9 receptions per game, but he had the majority of the playing time at RB.

- Rahmir Johnson: I think he has great hands. He also has very precise footwork. I think the will run pass routes to perfection. I think he will quickly become a significant contributor to our passing game.

- Darian Chase - I really like this guy. He is a gamer. He loves the game and loves to compete. He is a fine athlete with very good hands. Not great speed, but he is also a guy who I think will run precise routes. I think he can quickly become a reliable receiving option because he plays the game with no fear. If he has to stretch up to catch a high pass in traffic, he'll come down with it even if the price is a broken rib. He reminds me of the former NU safety Mike Brown...a fearless player who loved the game. However Chase could end up being a DB because of his toughness.

- Demariyon Houston: He is a WR that makes the game look easy. He's smooth. I am intrigued by his potential.

- Ronald Thomkins: TBD

SF likes our talent and depth at tight end. JD is already great. Woodyard and our other WRs are improving.

I think AM will have plenty of fine pass catching options this season.

Last edited:

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...-Frost-quarterback-Adrian-Martinez-131466580/

Its about developing the pass catchers who are already on board and hoping the ones who arrive in the fall can quickly become contributors.

My take on the new guys.

- Wandale Robinson: He is an excellent pass catcher. He already knows the offense. He will surely be a contributor.

- Nance: He also knows the offense. He has good hands and good speed, but I don't see him becoming a significant contributor to the passing game this season. I think he'll need more time to develop.

- Dedrick Mills: I don't think anyone knows if he is a good pass catcher or not. However he will be a contributor regardless. Last season Devine Ozigbo only averaged 1.9 receptions per game, but he had the majority of the playing time at RB.

- Rahmir Johnson: I think he has great hands. He also has very precise footwork. I think the will run pass routes to perfection. I think he will quickly become a significant contributor to our passing game.

- Darian Chase - I really like this guy. He is a gamer. He loves the game and loves to compete. He is a fine athlete with very good hands. Not great speed, but he is also a guy who I think will run precise routes. I think he can quickly become a reliable receiving option because he plays the game with no fear. If he has to stretch up to catch a high pass in traffic, he'll come down with it even if the price is a broken rib. He reminds me of the former NU safety Mike Brown...a fearless player who loved the game. However Chase could end up being a DB because of his toughness.

- Demariyon Houston: He is a WR that makes the game look easy. He's smooth. I am intrigued by his potential.

SF likes our talent and depth at tight end. JD is already great. Woodyard and our other WRs are improving.

Good post Paramus.

My take on the new guys.

Welcome back.
I agree with most of this. One qualifier on Wandale would be if he stays healthy. I am real nervous after the spring where he missed about half the practices because of the pulled muscle. Not sure how durable he will be.
How many practices have you attended?
It is an opinion. Your post is really silly in that some of the guys he is talking about are not even here yet. So what good would it be to be at practice when he is commenting on Rahmir. He has however seen the same videos we did and the same spring game we did. So he has an opinion just like you and I.

Welcome back.
I agree with most of this. One qualifier on Wandale would be if he stays healthy. I am real nervous after the spring where he missed about half the practices because of the pulled muscle. Not sure how durable he will be.

It is an opinion. Your post is really silly in that some of the guys he is talking about are not even here yet. So what good would it be to be at practice when he is commenting on Rahmir. He has however seen the same videos we did and the same spring game we did. So he has an opinion just like you and I.
It's also possible he was asking a legitimate question regarding the number of practices attending hoping to evaluate or substantiate the quality of the opinion

I think all of the new guys are the best pass catchers in the nation and I don't need to see any practices or watch any video to know that. Its my opinion. :thumbsup:

It's also possible he was asking a legitimate question regarding the number of practices attending hoping to evaluate or substantiate the quality of the opinion
That's all I was doing. There was more detail in his evaluation than I've seen in any publication, so I assumed he has spent some time around the players to make such a detailed scouting report. Specifically, I was curious how he knew so much about the mental makeup of an early enrollee. I wasn't trying to be a jerk, just curious.

I.e. He is a gamer. He loves the game and loves to compete. He is a fine athlete with very good hands. Not great speed, but he is also a guy who I think will run precise routes.

And if he has spent time at practice, I have several questions that I'd like to ask him specifically about the trenches. That's all Thom. I'd appreciate it if you didn't assume my motives. You should leave the moderating to RR.

Last edited:
That's all I was doing. There was more detail in his evaluation than I've seen in any publication, so I assumed he has spent some time around the players to make such a detailed scouting report. Specifically, I was curious how he knew so much about the mental makeup of an early enrollee. I wasn't trying to be a jerk, just curious.

I.e. He is a gamer. He loves the game and loves to compete. He is a fine athlete with very good hands. Not great speed, but he is also a guy who I think will run precise routes.

T
I believe you because I was thinking along the same line on that specific quote and wondering if there is some type of proof to this recruit having it and the others not.

How many practices have you attended?

None. I never attend practices. All of my evaluations are done by watching players play games...either on TV or on video...HS or college.

When SF was hired as NU's HC he did not decide Martinez was his #1 QB target by attending AM's after school football practices. . He had never in seen him in person, period, at a practice or at a game. He recruited AM based on video footage. And he got it right, didn't he?

I use the same method as HCSF. And believe me, it works...if you have an eye for it. If a guy does not have a good talent evaluation eye, he can attend 100 practices and still be not be able to figure it out.

Last edited:
None. I never attend practices. All of my evaluations are done by watching players play games...either on TV or on video...HS or college.

When SF was hired as NU's HC he did not decide Martinez was his #1 QB target by attending AM's after school football practices. . He had never in seen him in person, period, at a practice or at a game. He recruited AM based on video footage. And he got it right, didn't he?

I use the same method as HCSF. And believe me, it works...if you have an eye for it. If a guy does not have a good talent evaluation eye, he can attend 100 practices and still be clueless...and we have seen evidence of that right here on this board.

Nice veiled shot at *** in your last sentence.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back