• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost in the news

I agree with you on this topic I guess I should have expressed myself better. Guy was given a free education and a vehicle to make millions and he does this? My point though was IF he was upset he could have done something different to make his point without a lawsuit. Sometimes however people feel they are 'owed' something. Both he and UCF received something beneficial from their relationship but it was over. UCF could have asked him 'Can we use your likeness' but since they didn't he could have sent a letter. Both sides could have handled this better.
This cat was presented an opportunity most could only dream of. He seems to have forgotten that real quick. Without his blessing received, he could be working for peanuts, or worse, not at all. He's already made 7.5m, more than 90% of the population will see in a lifetime, and he won't allow the place that gave him his opportunity to use his likeness? Not only that, but file a lawsuit rather than a quick courtesy call? Thats some pretty lame ass ---- right there.

Last edited:

Have to disagree. Simply because I'm guessing all it would have taken is one phone call and I'm sure he would have had no problem with it. If I were a former player this would probably irk me a bit too. Just because someone goes to a school it doesn't give them the right to use their image, likeness, etc however they see fit.
Lol, don't forget that someone whom gave you your opportunity brotha. Some may never see a blessing like others. Remember that!!

Last edited:
When a system is created that pays coaches and admins millions while the players are subject to an artificial salary cap designed so schools can fund women's lacrosse, it's only a matter of time before the system gets challenged.

I don't see coaches turning down performance bonuses or shoe contract money because it's too "greedy." Why does everyone apply a different standard to players?

Last edited:

When a system is created that pays coaches and admins millions while the players are subject to an artificial salary cap designed so schools can fund women's lacrosse, it's only a matter of time before the system gets challenged.

I don't see coaches turning down performance bonuses or shoe contract money because it's too "greedy." Why does everyone apply a different standard to players?

Those coaches worked their way towards that goal in the same manner that these athletes are working toward a degree or a job in professional sports. Many of those coaches started as lowly paid GA's after college. It seems a lot of people forget that in their rush to roast coaches' salaries. For every Harbaugh and Saban you have hundreds of assistants, GA's, and small school coaches counting pennies and tightening their waistbands in order to do what they love and work toward a chance at a higher profile job.

Those coaches worked their way towards that goal in the same manner that these athletes are working toward a degree or a job in professional sports. Many of those coaches started as lowly paid GA's after college. It seems a lot of people forget that in their rush to roast coaches' salaries. For every Harbaugh and Saban you have hundreds of assistants, GA's, and small school coaches counting pennies and tightening their waistbands in order to do what they love and work toward a chance at a higher profile job.
Or coaches at a small high school

Wait! what? A player in pro sports think they/their name is bigger than the game itself? Noooooo.

Reid By-standing fan alleges that UCF and head football coach Scott Frost used his likeness to advertise UCF football camps without his permission :rolleyes: ;) :)

The level of greed by those whom have been so fortunate is utterly amazing. Dude should be singing blessings instead of searching for yet another payday. Total piece of crap IMO.

The ultimate proprietal thing is your image/likeness. It has to be safeguarded. If you allow to use your likeness, you lose a sense of self.

So, IMO, he should have approached the university behind closed doors, and probably did, but now had to resort to a lawsuit. He will win/get a settlement.

That's a false analogy. If the market dictated what a 23-year old graduate student might earn as part of a coaching staff, it wouldn't be much more than the value of tuition, room and board. GAs are likely underpaid, but not even close to the degree the players are.

What other multi-billion dollar business pays the manager millions and gives their key employees room, board and training for some unknown future job? For the record, I don't want the players to be paid. I like college football the way it is. That's why I hate seeing coaching/admin salaries and facilities spending blow up. This lawsuit is a consequence, and there will be more to come.

Last edited:

That's a false analogy. If the market dictated what a 23-year old graduate student might earn as part of a coaching staff, it wouldn't be much more than the value of tuition, room and board. GAs are likely underpaid, but not even close to the degree the players are.

What other multi-billion dollar business pays the manager millions and gives their key employees room, board and training for some unknown future job? For the record, I don't want the players to be paid. I like college football the way it is. That's why I hate seeing coaching/admin salaries and facilities spending blow up. This lawsuit is a consequence, and there will be more to come.

College sports aren't designed to be based on market value. If they were, only a handful of colleges would have anything more than football. I understand your argument about coaching salaries, but it's not as though the coaches are students in training. The overwhelming majority of coaches began their careers the same way these student athletes do.

College sports aren't designed to be based on market value. If they were, only a handful of colleges would have anything more than football. I understand your argument about coaching salaries, but it's not as though the coaches are students in training. The overwhelming majority of coaches began their careers the same way these student athletes do.

Coaching salaries are absolutely based on market value. Player "salaries" are not. Therein lies the problem. That many coaches started out as GAs is largely irrelevant. If there was a GA who could bring a championship to Clemson the way DeShaun Watson did, you better believe he'd get paid.

I know Title IX is a big part of the equation, but the dam is going to break at some point and I hope the powers-that-be figure out a way to preserve the college game.

The ultimate proprietal thing is your image/likeness. It has to be safeguarded. If you allow to use your likeness, you lose a sense of self.

So, IMO, he should have approached the university behind closed doors, and probably did, but now had to resort to a lawsuit. He will win/get a settlement.
If he approached them about it behind closed doors and told them no, I'm sure it'd be changed before a lawsuit is necessary. Pretty ------- sad it's come to this. He'd be just another minnow in the ocean without the opportunity they afforded him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back