• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost gets a raise and extension

Strange how some can turn a thread about Scot Frost into a target of opportunity for some Riley bashing......

Oh, and good for SF. I think he'll continue to do well at UCF.

Last edited:

Strange how some can turn a thread about Scot Frost into a target of opportunity for some Riley bashing......

Oh, and good for SF. I think he'll continue to do well at UCF.

Almost every thread, there they are. Gotta get the licks in now though, good things are coming.

C

While I pretty much agree with everyone on here and their arguments the bold got me to chuckle a bit. Pretty sure the record books have 0-12 and for what ever reason that is what it was. You are definitely allowed to have your opinion but the first thing that popped into my mind when I read that was 'the world is flat' and no matter what you say I don't believe you. ;)
It doesn't take much research to see that their 0-12 was out of the ordinary. Some see what they want to see though.:thumbsup:

I will only say this. If Riley doesn't get the job done, pay whatever it takes to bring Frost back to NU and give him a 10-year contract. And not because I think he's a lock to succeed, but because I don't want to hear any more pissing and moaning about the "Nebraska way."

I will only say this. If Riley doesn't get the job done, pay whatever it takes to bring Frost back to NU and give him a 10-year contract. And not because I think he's a lock to succeed, but because I don't want to hear any more pissing and moaning about the "Nebraska way."
But then you get what you had with Solich where many praise him despite his failures.

But then you get what you had with Solich where many praise him despite his failures.
Almost 20 years later, redo is discovered mumbling about Solich in a Scott Frost thread. Shocking.

Equally strange how some can turn a thread about Scott Frost into a target of opportunity for some Solich bashing.....

Duh.

But what does that have to do with this thread?
You're basically saying Frost did an "ok" job......IN HIS FIRST EVER HC SEASON. If he was able to go 6-6, + bowl loss to go 6-7, after the previous regime went 0-12, I'm not sure how much more you want him to do in his first season. He deserves some credit IMO. Solid job. I Bet UCF fans were quite pleased as a whole. He's off to a good start, and yes , he's got more to prove moving forward. Seems many on here think he should have gone 10-2 +.

You're basically saying Frost did an "ok" job......IN HIS FIRST EVER HC SEASON. If he was able to go 6-6, + bowl loss to go 6-7, after the previous regime went 0-12, I'm not sure how much more you want him to do in his first season. He deserves some credit IMO. Solid job. I Bet UCF fans were quite pleased as a whole. He's off to a good start, and yes , he's got more to prove moving forward. Seems many on here think he should have gone 10-2 +.
You said he did a "solid job" and are taking issue with me implying he did an "ok job" (your words)? Holy smokes, talk about battling over semantics.

I think Frost's 6-7 year was, all things considered, a successful year. There's still a lot to prove, as the team didn't defeat a single opponent with more than 4 wins. He has plenty of time to build off of his first year.

You said he did a "solid job" and are taking issue with me implying he did an "ok job" (your words)? Holy smokes, talk about battling over semantics.

I think Frost's 6-7 year was, all things considered, a successful year. There's still a lot to prove, as the team didn't defeat a single opponent with more than 4 wins. He has plenty of time to build off of his first year.
Exactly. I thought that he may get to 4 wins last year, so the 6 was successful, all things considered. As REDo pointed out, they weren't exactly a team with no talent, and that 0 - 12 season shouldn't have happened. Year two will tell us a little more about Frost and UCF. What will the people who are propping SF up say, if UCF has a losing record this year?

Exactly. I thought that he may get to 4 wins last year, so the 6 was successful, all things considered. As REDo pointed out, they weren't exactly a team with no talent, and that 0 - 12 season shouldn't have happened. Year two will tell us a little more about Frost and UCF. What will the people who are propping SF up say, if UCF has a losing record this year?

Same thing MR fans will say if NU has a losing record this year?

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back