• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost gets a raise and extension

Now he just has to put a product out on the field that competes with everything else going on in CFLA on a weekend.

I am probably going to go to a few games this year just to eat 4 Rivers BBQ in a different venue.

Under SF, UCF went from 0-12 to a bowl game. Please, tell us how many times that has happened before.

Thanks in advance,

P
I do think there are similarities between both p
Under SF, UCF went from 0-12 to a bowl game. Please, tell us how many times that has happened before.

Thanks in advance,

P

I do think the jury is still out on both Riley and Frost, but I like the direction of both programs. Time will tell. By the way how is your mom doing in Texas?

I do think there are similarities between both p

I do think the jury is still out on both Riley and Frost, but I like the direction of both programs. Time will tell. By the way how is your mom doing in Texas?

My mom doesn't seem too happy about it, but she is accepting it. She was no longer able to take care of herself and assisted living was the best option. She is near family there but she claims she is now living with lots of old people (like herself), and she is having trouble adjusting.

I tried to tell her that Jesus taught us how to be happy (no matter what the circumstances) when he presented the 8 beatitudes at the Sermon on the Mount. But she did not want to hear that from me. She asked "How can an unhappy person like you tell me how to be happy?!?"

I did not realize I was unhappy. I am so glad mom pointed that out for me. I'll get right on top of it.

Life has its challenges.

:)

Last edited:

Thanks in advance,

P
Anyone who has any logic knows that the 0-12 season wasn't based on talent. You're welcome.

The 2016 season was still the 2nd worst in the last 5 years and the 3rd worse in the last 8.

Last edited:
Anyone who has any logic knows that the 0-12 season wasn't based on talent. You're welcome.

The 2016 season was still the 2nd worst in the last 5 years and the 3rd worse in the last 8.

True.

Going from 0-12 to 6-7 is going to be rare because 0-12 alone is rare.

FWIW, however, UCF went 0-11 in 2004 and then 8-5 in 2005 -- including playing in the conference championship and a bowl game.

O'Leary had better records than Frost 7 of his 11 full seasons.

2015 was simply a disaster with the head coach bailing mid-season. But it was not indicative of UCF football.

Under O'Leary, UCF won four conference titles, two top 20 finishes -- one of those top ten. Four seasons with ten or more wins. And a Fiesta Bowl victory. That's ultimately the type of success Frost is going to need, as the coach prior to him proved quite a bit can be accomplished at that school.

Thanks in advance,

P

Happened in 2005 at UCF. Even better turnaround, as UCF went from 0-11 to 8-5, played in the conference title game, and went to a bowl game, where they lost by 1pt to Nevada in OT.

Happened in 2005 at UCF. Even better turnaround, as UCF went from 0-11 to 8-5, played in the conference title game, and went to a bowl game, where they lost by 1pt to Nevada in OT.

Perhaps someone could have done better than SF at UCF last year. I wonder what Urban Meyer would have been able to do?

UCF used a pure freshman QB last year that did not arrive until fall camp. The O-line was weak. The defense had some talent but no depth. SF did not have much to work with.

Jury is still out on SF, but having seen him work I will stand by my contention that the UCF program is in good hands.

Now, shall we talk about how impressive MR was as he took a 9-4 team to 6-7 in his first year? That was even better than what SF did, wasn't it?

SF's transition year (brand new offense and defense for his team) - from 0-12 to 6-7

MR transition year (brand new offense and defense for his team) - from 9-4 to 6-7.

Hmmm. I don't see any viable reason for Husker/MR fans to be critical of SF.

Last edited:

Perhaps someone could have done better than SF at UCF last year. I wonder what Urban Meyer would have been able to do?

UCF used a pure freshman QB last year that did not arrive until fall camp. The O-line was weak. The defense had some talent but no depth. SF did not have much to work with.

Jury is still out on SF, but having seen him work I will stand by my contention that the UCF program is in good hands.

Now, shall we talk about how impressive MR was as he took a 9-4 team to 6-7 in his first year? That was even better than what SF did, wasn't it?

SF's transition year (brand new offense and defense for his team) - from 0-12 to 6-7

MR transition year (brand new offense and defense for his team) - from 9-4 to 6-7.

Preaching to the choir. Going from 0-12 to 6-7 in the first year is impressive, regardless of circumstances. Going from 9-4, to 6-7 is unimpressive, regardless of circumstances.

Many on this very board suggest, only at Nebraska, is a coaching change challenging. The players loved the old coach, didn't buy in, didn't try, blah blah blah. Coaching changes will have the same effect, regardless of the reason why said change was necessary. There will always be players whom loved the old coach, at nearly every school.

Last edited:
Preaching to the choir. Going from 0-12 to 6-7 in the first year is impressive, regardless of circumstances. Going from 9-4, to 6-7 is unimpressive, regardless of circumstances.

Many on this very board suggest, only at Nebraska, is a coaching change challenging. The players loved the old coach, didn't buy in, didn't try, blah blah blah. Coaching changes will have the same effect, regardless of the reason why said change was necessary. There will always be players whom loved the old coach, at nearly every school.
Going from 13-0 to 9-4 with the same exact system must be just as unimpressive then.

I am not sure anyone is being critical of Frost at UCF. We just don't see the incredible job that he has done either.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back