• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Saw this on another forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hville

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
After having heard all the things about the chit show with SE and HP coming out in the last 6 months. What would be your opinion if the Northstar players meeting audio was released today and not 3 years ago.

wow. It seems like the topic has been a popular topic for forums in the past. Wondering what the different perspectives would be in retrospect doesn't seem out of line. Me personally I think that had it been released 3 years late there would have been a lot of people who said........Dang, he sure had a good grasp of the situation back then. Too bad we didn't listen to it a little better before letting those guys hire MR.

Last edited:
After having heard all the things about the chit show with SE and HP coming out in the last 6 months. What would be your opinion if the Northstar players meeting audio was released today and not 3 years ago.

BuMvf6pIAAA2CmD.jpg

I said it then, and I'll say it now: Pelini was right. He used some inappropriate language, but he was right. But it didn't really matter.

I just hope Frost isn't run off. How will his blunt comments play with the fans and media after a couple losses and the honeymoon is over?

The same... Bo is right but as an adult and coach doesn't need to filter it down and act like a 12 year old. In any profession, if the boss fires you and you have a meeting with people you work with to call him names and then send them back to work for him, it's a BS move.

I said it then, and I'll say it now: Pelini was right. He used some inappropriate language, but he was right. But it didn't really matter.

I just hope Frost isn't run off. How will his blunt comments play with the fans and media after a couple losses and the honeymoon is over?
Frost won’t be run off except by a fan base which seems to think Big Red are supposed to be one of the four best every year. There is a reason why that happens.

Complaints should always go up the chain. Never down the chain.
Exactly correct. But you will have people say that since Bo was "right" it isn't that bad. I'm not mad about what he said, not mad about his sideline outbursts, none of that. I'm mad he put the kids he was supposed to have the best interest of while recruiting them in a terrible position airing dirty laundry to people that still had to be around him. Mike Riley had a massive uphill battle due to how Bo handled the situation, just like I said when he was hired.

Last edited:
What were your favorite Bo quotes from the meeting?

“SE wouldn’t know a core value if it kicked him in the a**” or something of that order.

Had that recording been Pelini saying those things to Solich and prefacing with, "Now, I would never repeat this to the team...", I would think differently. As it stands, it's a douche move now and a douche move 3 years from now.

Exactly correct. But you will have people say that since Bo was "right" it isn't that bad. I'm not mad about what he said, not mad about his sideline outbursts, none of that. I'm mad he put the kids he was supposed to have the best interest of while recruiting them in a terrible position airing dirty laundry to people that still had to be around him. Mike Riley had a massive uphill battle due to how Bo handled the situation, just like I said when he was hired.

It's not as black and white as it may seem. Part of Pelini's responsibility to those players is to look out for their best interests. If the organization is tainted and crumbling, was he doing the players a favor by warning them? Sure, he didn't do Nebraska any favors, but I think his loyalty was to his players (right or wrong).

If the company/program I work on was a cesspool, I'd probably want to at least give my employees a heads-up about the reason for my departure.

It's not as black and white as it may seem. Part of Pelini's responsibility to those players is to look out for their best interests. If the organization is tainted and crumbling, was he doing the players a favor by warning them? Sure, he didn't do Nebraska any favors, but I think his loyalty was to his players (right or wrong).

If the company/program I work on was a cesspool, I'd probably want to at least give my employees a heads-up about the reason for my departure.
Wow.

Can you elaborate? Maybe I didn't explain well enough.

To me, one of the most important parts of my job is the professional growth of those who work for me. I absolutely need to ensure the success of our program, but I am not willing to do it at all cost. I won't compromise on my principles, and I am honest with my employees. Fortunately, I work for an ethical company that expects that kind of honesty. I certainly have an obligation to my direct superiors, but I also have an obligation to my employees and my customers. I wouldn't go about it the same way that Pelini did (which was unprofessional), but I'd shine the light on corruption if necessary.

Can you elaborate? Maybe I didn't explain well enough.

To me, one of the most important parts of my job is the professional growth of those who work for me. I absolutely need to ensure the success of our program, but I am not willing to do it at all cost. I won't compromise on my principles, and I am honest with my employees. Fortunately, I work for an ethical company that expects that kind of honesty. I certainly have an obligation to my direct superiors, but I also have an obligation to my employees and my customers. I wouldn't go about it the same way that Pelini did (which was unprofessional), but I'd shine the light on corruption if necessary.

As much as I would like to believe that Bo was looking out for his players’ well-being and professional growth, in all likelihood he was just pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back