• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Royals 2014 World Series

Sabergahen went to 3 teams after the Royals as did Kevin Appier. Quisenberry played for 2 more teams but his best years were with KC

Last edited:

Infante was such an upgrade at 2b from the previous decade possibly that its hard to want an upgrade but what does everyone think of Colon at 2b? He seemed to have a great bat and is speedy.

I would be absolutely shocked if the Royals signed Lester. And very surprised if Shields was back. In order to keep the young core together as long as possible, these high-priced veterans are not going to be on the roster next season. No way with Lester (though I'd love to have him).

Yeah, no way Shields is back. I should have prefaced my statement that it's my wishlist. I think they need another pitcher, and while Lester would be awesome to have that would project 3-4 of 5 man rotation as lefties (Vargas, Duffy, Finnegan??) so I doubt Lester is an option. I think ultimately Priority #1 is they need to find a bat.

Kyle Zimmer is supposed to be battling for a starter spot next season.

In RF, Aoki is a free agent. Do we resign him or maybe go after someone like Marlon Byrd? Melky Cabrera again?

Wonder if we'll ever see Bubba Starling or if he will ever amount to anything.

Kyle Zimmer is supposed to be battling for a starter spot next season.

In RF, Aoki is a free agent. Do we resign him or maybe go after someone like Marlon Byrd? Melky Cabrera again?

Zimmer just had shoulder surgery, sounds questionable for the start of next season.
I don't think Marlon is a FA until next year (according to Baseball Reference) and Melky would probably come with giving up a draft pick. Aoki depends on how they feel about Jorge Bonifacio being in RF next year I think.

Zimmer just had shoulder surgery, sounds questionable for the start of next season.
I don't think Marlon is a FA until next year (according to Baseball Reference) and Melky would probably come with giving up a draft pick. Aoki depends on how they feel about Jorge Bonifacio being in RF next year I think.

Byrd was considered the best value according to a site I was looking at. Went through many so not sure which one.

Bonifacio is expected to contribute to the Royals in 2015 but I am not sure he is ready for the beginning. Poor batting average and a lot of K's.

Do we just let Gordon, Dyson and Cain play most of the starts?

Just got back from the Royals Celebration at the K. About 5000 were there to show their appreciation. Players and Ned said they were still trying to get over the loss and the only thing getting out of bed today was coming to the K and thank the fans.

Billy got pretty choked up. He was feeling the love. The crowd was chanting BILLY BUTLER. Pretty cool stuff and he probably knows his time as a Royal may be iffy.

Here are some shots I took and a couple videos...

http://s670.photobucket.com/user/bigrediggy/library/Royals 2014 Celebration

Just got back from the Royals Celebration at the K. About 5000 were there to show their appreciation. Players and Ned said they were still trying to get over the loss and the only thing getting out of bed today was coming to the K and thank the fans.

Billy got pretty choked up. He was feeling the love. The crowd was chanting BILLY BUTLER. Pretty cool stuff and he probably knows his time as a Royal may be iffy.

Here are some shots I took and a couple videos...

http://s670.photobucket.com/user/bigrediggy/library/Royals 2014 Celebration

Awesome. Thanks.:cool:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back