• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rivals?

Cvillehusker

stranded in Boilermaker country
5 Year Member
37363964_1765154163576754_4076985563855454208_n.jpg

Like it or not, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota are our rivals.

I can still hate Oklahoma or Colorado as much as I hate Miami, but guess what? They're not on the calendar with any frequency to be a true rival anymore.

Until Delaney invites OU and Kansas, that won't change.

I can still hate Oklahoma or Colorado as much as I hate Miami, but guess what? They're not on the calendar with any frequency to be a true rival anymore.

Well I guess if the criteria is to be on our schedule then we have a lot of rivals. This new Purdue rivalry has me all worked up. :mad::eek::Biggrin:arthvader: ;)

I kinda agree with this statement, I don’t like it but I don’t have to like it. If I had to pick a rival in the B1G I’d like to see us have a decade of being in the B1G championship creating a rivalry with someone on the other side of the conference. Like Ohio State or Penn state, Michigan would be nice but these would have to be big games with playoff implications and were not even close to that right now.

I kinda agree with this statement, I don’t like it but I don’t have to like it. If I had to pick a rival in the B1G I’d like to see us have a decade of being in the B1G championship creating a rivalry with someone on the other side of the conference. Like Ohio State or Penn state, Michigan would be nice but these would have to be big games with playoff implications and were not even close to that right now.
I define rivalry's as regular close tough games. By that definition. The two teams that meet it are. NWU and MSU. The most memorable games since joining the B1G have been against those two teams.

For me it's Wisky. A rival in my eyes is someone I loathe losing to and want very badly to beat. I hate Iowa, but Wisconsin is the team I want Nebraska to beat the dog snot out of every fall.

Last edited:

Leaving the Big 12 eliminated our rivalries completely. Now, because we've sucked since we joined the BIG we've got lots of potential rivals...but no real ones. Frankly, as we return to greatness, we'll need a comparable rival, if we are to have a rival at all. In the West division, the only one possible is Wisconsin, but I suspect they'll fall apart when BA's reign ends, which won't leave us time to become true rivals. Therefore, our rival will likely become either Tosu or Michigan and since we won't play every year, it will be a weak rivalry at best.

For me it's Wisky. A rival in my eyes is someone I loathe losing to and want very badly to beat. I hate Iowa, but Wisconsin is the team I want Nebraska to beat the dog snot out of every fall.

Agree about Wisconsin. I really just hate their smug attitudes and sense of entitlement. Reminds me of Texas fans a bit. Especially all this "We're the REAL Big Red," crap.

Time to start putting them back in their place.

Agree about Wisconsin. I really just hate their smug attitudes and sense of entitlement. Reminds me of Texas fans a bit. Especially all this "We're the REAL Big Red," crap.

Time to start putting them back in their place.

That's the part that kills me. Even when Nebraska was kicking the crap out of nearly everyone, I think most Nebraska fans showed a lot of class in victory. Since the slide, the Wisconsin's and Iowa's of the world really haven't returned the favor.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back