• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rivals Recruiting Analyst Asked When Will Nebraska Land Their First 5* Under Coach Frost

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Interesting discussion

Found this interesting...worth a read...

Huge shout-out to Sean Callahan, Nate Clouse and the entire staff at HuskerOnline.com first. They are a machine, and the Husker fan base in our industry is really second to none to me when it comes to the passion for recruiting. The message board on that site has to be one of the most active, fluid boards I have ever seen. They always have questions, they comment on articles I link to their board and it is just a great community there.

Now back to the question.

Scott Frost and his staff have really tried to become much more active in my area (Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi). They have extended a lot of offers to Georgia prospects since Frost took over. The Huskers surprised many on National Signing Day when they landed four-star linebacker

Caleb Tannor
over Auburn. They just picked up a commitment from
Quinton Newsome
Ronald Thompkins
committed to them in the spring, too. That is two in the 2019 class out of Georgia. There could be more in the South taking a harder look at the Huskers this fall, too.
MORE: Newsome's father saw something different in Lincoln

As far as potential five-star commitments, it will happen under Frost. Many will have their eyes on the product he puts on the field this fall, and if things go well, it will only help on the recruiting trail.

I think Pappoe is the only one with the possibility of visiting. My honest feeling is that it would almost have to be a a home grown kid. Think Baker Steinkuhler. There probably aren't going to be many who have the work ethic or temperament. But again Pappoe could be that type of guy. Mo Washington, may have been a 5* under different circumstances. Sorry for the random tangents I went off on.

Last edited:
I think Pappoe is the only one with the possibility of visiting. My honest feeling is that it would almost have to be a a home grown kid. Think Baker Steinkuhler. There probably aren't going to be many who have the work ethic or temperament. But again Pappoe could be that type of guy. Mo Washington, may have been a 5* under different circumstances. Sorry for the random tangents I went off on.
Nothing Random about those tangents. That was all directly related to the question at hand. Great post.

Good post and I agree for the 2019 class.

I think there's a chance that one of the guys that has already signed might ascend to being a 5* if they have a breakout season - especially the QB's.

I'm sure it will happen but it's irrelevant to Frost winning at Nebraska, the 5* fascination has always been overrated.

Heck ya. And maybe a couple 6's.

"We make our own star ratings around here."

--Bo Pelini
2fsdno.jpg

:thumbsup: :Clap:
Every time I read the title of this thread, I think the questions came out of a TMZ show ... total football tabloid, gossip crap.
I guess somebody out there feels WE NEED to answer this question.... everybody's on pins and needles to hear the crystal ball answer. :Banghead:

I'm sure it will happen but it's irrelevant to Frost winning at Nebraska, the 5* fascination has always been overrated.
I'm not sure about that. There are certainly guys out there that are definitely a cut above the rest. Now attitudes and personality, being coach-able, you can certainly question those things. Talent in many cases is self evident. Don' tell me you wouldn't like to have Bookie as part of this squad, or Micah Parsons. Those kinds of guys just don't come along that often, especially the ones that "fit". That's why there is only 30 or so every year.

:thumbsup: :Clap:
Every time I read the title of this thread, I think the questions came out of a TMZ show ... total football tabloid, gossip crap.
I guess somebody out there feels WE NEED to answer this question.... everybody's on pins and needles to hear the crystal ball answer. :Banghead:

I try not to hate on the recruiting drama in August - because I will need it to get me through January

I'm not sure about that. There are certainly guys out there that are definitely a cut above the rest. Now attitudes and personality, being coach-able, you can certainly question those things. Talent in many cases is self evident. Don' tell me you wouldn't like to have Bookie as part of this squad, or Micah Parsons. Those kinds of guys just don't come along that often, especially the ones that "fit". That's why there is only 30 or so every year.

Nowhere did I say anything about not wanting them, the hysteria over them is simply overrated. I'd take 4* Suh over a package deal of Parsons and Bookie, granted that's probably the only time I would do it. Aaron Green wasn't a consensus 5* by the time he hit campus, but he did have 5* star status and while I would definitely take him I would still take Abdullah or Burkhead first. This isn't an argument against 5* players, just an argument against thinking we will never get to where we need to be until we get a 5*. They are few in number and even fewer when you consider geography and the fact that being a 5* doesn't automatically make them a good fit.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back