• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

RIP Glen Campbell

Great performer and a pretty good picker. Could have been a Beach Boy if had wanted to be.

I think he made the right choice.

An absolute legend.

I was hoping someone would start a thread on this very worthy American.

So many classic tunes. I would have also chosen "The Wichita Lineman."

"I hear you singing in the wires..."

One of the greatest. And to complete the Jimmy Webb Trifecta...

"Galveston" & "By the Time I Get to Phoenix"

Last edited:
How versatile?

He played with the Beach Boys... and critical fill in for Brian Wilson...

To being on The Smothers Brothers, doing such a good job he got a summer show that lasted for three years.

RIP Glenn. I thought he was older than 81. One of my parents favorites.

Last edited:
How versatile?

He played with the Beach Boys... and critical fill in for Brian Wilson...

To being on The Smothers Brothers, doing such a good job he got a summer show that lasted for three years.
:nod:
He was both a charismatic front man type and a musician's musician. A top notch, versatile guitar player with a great voice.

Intersting interview with Alice Cooper on Glen Campbell

BTW, my dad got me Alice's autograph in the 1970's. They were at a Burt Bacharach concert in Las Vegas and AC was at the next table (Alice was a huge BB fan) and BB called AC out. So at intermission my dad got the autograph.

Interesting stories of drugs, recovery and being Christians in the business. The hillbilly country Seder was particularly amusing. God's grace, grace, grace.

Last edited:
Great interview. Thanks for posting that.

Intersting interview with Alice Cooper on Glen Campbell

BTW, my dad got me Alice's autograph in the 1970's. They were at a Burt Bacharach concert in Las Vegas and AC was at the next table (Alice was a huge BB fan) and BB called AC out. So at intermission my dad got the autograph.

Interesting stories of drugs, recovery and being Christians in the business. The hillbilly country Seder was particularly amusing. God's grace, grace, grace.

I met Glen several years ago at a Diamondbacks game. I was sitting behind home plate with Joel Mackavika, who had just signed with the Cardinals. I told Glen that Wichita Lineman was one of my all-time fav songs. He replied, "me too."

Joel: "who is that?"...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back