• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Riley's contract and Husker buyout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelini was paid market value for his position. Oregon State and Riley tried to sneak one past Nebraska.

His contract isn't hard to read, so I don't know how they thought nobody would notice.
We would still have to pay him no matter what minus OSU pay. If MR decides not to do squat we pay.

if he did nothing Also would be a violation of the buyout the language specifies he must seek comparable employment within a reasonable period of time
Ok lets go at this way, produce the contract and the clause that says he has to seek new employment anywhere, do you think we have a law dept that knows less than you?

Last edited:
Ok lets go at this way, produce the contract and the clause that says he has to seek new employment anywhere, do you think we have a law dept that knows less than you?

Yes, I would like to know the actual language of his contract.

C

I think it merits looking into by NU. The only way he should be earning so little, is if he is strictly a part-time work-at-home guy reviewing video or doing some recruiting...more like a lower level administrative job.

See above

Already read it and there are many different things that could be going on here. Did he communicate with NU already when he got the assistant HC job? Did he try to get a HC job "within a reasonably brief period after termination" and couldn't find one? Was the contract amended since the one posted three years ago? Was there a separate negotiation done after his termination? etc...If NU feels he should be paid more by OSU then they will go to court and litigate it. Personally I moved on way back in September but it is entertaining to watch everyone get twisted up over him. NU fans are pure entertainment if nothing else.

C

I think it merits looking into by NU. The only way he should be earning so little, is if he is strictly a part-time work-at-home guy reviewing video or doing some recruiting...more like a lower level administrative job.

Another good question, what are his duties as "assistant head coach"? Maybe $50K at a bottom feeder is market value for what his duties actually are.

C

It is very unlikely that NU pays anywhere even close to what the buyout says.

Termination / severance settlements are usually negotiated by the parties post-termination, even if there is an underlying employment contract. It was in my case - there were some extenuating and unusual circumstances on both sides, so our attorneys negotiated it out and everyone was reasonably unhappy, which means we probably struck a fair deal for all.

Another good question, what are his duties as "assistant head coach"? Maybe $50K at a bottom feeder is market value for what his duties actually are.

C
Oregon State would be stupid to waste one of their limited coaching positions on someone who doesn't do anything. If that's what they wanted, make him a consultant. If they want an assistant head coach, they should pay a reasonable and fair market rate for him.

It appears that Riley and OSU are trying to screw Nebraska, but maybe it will come out that we negotiated a deal to get rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back