• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Riley's contract and Husker buyout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I knew how to post the link, but what I just read was the average pay of an NCAA football assistant head coach salary is 48k per year.

Like Riley strikes again. Nebraska tax payers (don't go on on tax payers are not on the hook) should sue him for the 200k difference. What a effing joke.

That makes absolutely zero sense. Not a taxpayer issue.

I am an attorney.
1. Once Riley was fired, he had an obligation to minimize the damages, so far as that was in his control.
2. That means look for another job and do not retire until the end of your Nebraska contract.
3. That means take another job at the going contract rate...which he did not.
4. Nebraska should either settle or sue for his Nebraska contract rate minus going rate for assistant coaches.
Nebraska can cut its losses about in half here.

Or Moos could make a phone call and say "what the F?" But I guess jumping the gun based on Internet articles could work.

I don't think I care. It's pennies in the bucket in the grand scheme of things. However, if we can take it out of Eichorst's settlement then by all means go for it. If anyone owes the University for that hiring mistake it's Eichorst.

NU has to care. IF people are knowingly trying to bleed money from the program, you fix it. Doesn't matter how good of a dude they were when they were here, if they are trying to hose the athletic department, NU can't let that stand. What if you fire Miles and he goes back to CSU for 50K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back