• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Riley's contract and Husker buyout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley is in violation. Confident Nebraska attorneys will make contact with OSU.

OSU will not want to bad publicity either, as clearly they are not paying "market salary".

Doubt we ever hear any of this. Both Universities will keep it quiet.

Speculation -- Riley salary will move to the $ 150 k range, at least that respectable and wouldn't draw attention

They might not move Riley's salary up there. We just might reduce his here

Riley is in violation. Confident Nebraska attorneys will make contact with OSU.

OSU will not want to bad publicity either, as clearly they are not paying "market salary".

Doubt we ever hear any of this. Both Universities will keep it quiet.

Speculation -- Riley salary will move to the $ 150 k range, at least that respectable and wouldn't draw attention
No, Riley signed a contract. Actually two of them.

Nebrask'a payments to Riley will drop about $15,000 - $20,000 per month, not the $4,000+ that his current contract would indicate.

I know this horse has been beaten to death but I’m not on here very often so here goes.

I don’t think this is a shrewd move at all. It’s petty and dumb. OSU could have lowballed him in a way that didn’t draw this much attention. Now they’re going to spend the difference on litigation anyway. And for Riley I don’t know what this guy was thinking. His take home won’t be different so why allow yourself to be put in this position. You just unnecessarily burned a bridge you didn’t need to burn.

I know this horse has been beaten to death but I’m not on here very often so here goes.

I don’t think this is a shrewd move at all. It’s petty and dumb. OSU could have lowballed him in a way that didn’t draw this much attention. Now they’re going to spend the difference on litigation anyway. And for Riley I don’t know what this guy was thinking. His take home won’t be different so why allow yourself to be put in this position. You just unnecessarily burned a bridge you didn’t need to burn.
Actually it could cost him. If Nebraska goes after it......or just takes a stance that he has broken the contract and reduces the payments there is no guarantee that Oregon State would make up the difference. Especially reading the Oregon State blogs. They seem to be as excited about him being there as we were with him here. Of course if they didn't raise his pay he could sue them for underpaying him and he could pi$$ off another university. :(

MR may be fully aware and ok with the fact he’s losing 150-200k/year. I mean, really, is 3 million really all that much different than 2.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back