• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Riley Kinney to walk on

I deduced that and was going to post I am 14 years younger and have a Granddaughter the same age.
Your post says that your grand-daughter is 14 years older than you -or- the same age as you. Either way - I think your concept of time is way more interesting than most of ours.

I remember Jeff Kinney when he was a high school senior at McCook. He came to my hometown Sidney and had a 5-6 td game.

Your post says that your grand-daughter is 14 years older than you -or- the same age as you. Either way - I think your concept of time is way more interesting than most of ours.
I am 14 years younger than Kinney and my granddaughter is the same age as his grand son. Is that clear enough for the grammar police?

This was THE FIRST Nebraska game I ever watched and it was a GREAT one to begin with!
7.jpg

"NU hitched its hopes to I-back Jeff Kinney, No. 35, for its final drive. The image of the McCook native plowing through the Sooners, his tearaway jersey shredded, has come to symbolize the determination of the Huskers' comeback. But the winning touchdown wasn't as inevitable as it now seems. The game was in the balance a few plays before Kinney’s final score."
https://dataomaha.com/documents/never-before-published-game-of-the-century-photos

56f742d350755.image.jpg

This photo, which hung for years in the Touchdown Club in North Platte, depicts Jeff Kinney’s (35) touchdown in the closing moments against Oklahoma on Thanksgiving Day, 1971, in Norman, Oklahoma, to give Nebraska the 35-31 win in what would come to be known as the Game of the Century. Blocking is fullback Maury Damkroger (46) and in the background is Nebraska quarterback Jerry Tagge (14). All three went on to careers in the NFL.

Last edited:
Thank goodness Mildren overthrew the wide open receiver for a TD on Oklahoma's last possession

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back