• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rex Burkhead

Bean

Grey Shirt
10 Year Member
I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to Rex now that he is a free agent. He had his best year this past season so I hope that helps him to sign with Cincinnati or some other team.

"This past year Burkhead caught 17 of the 20 targets thrown his way, for 85 percent. Of the 63 running backs last year to catch at least 15 passes, Burkhead ranked third in catch percentage behind only Seattle’s C.J. Prosise (89.5 percent) and Buffalo’s LeSean McCoy (87.7)."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/02/21/what-happen-rex-burkhead/98040214/

In the final game of the season against the Ravens, Burkhead absolutely went off (27 carries: 119 yards, two touchdowns) against one of the NFL’s best rushing defenses (ranked No. 2 before Week 17). As a result, the NFL took notice of Burkhead’s clearly visible talent and ability to produce. That’s prompted Pro Football Focus to rank him on their list of top 10 running backs set to hit free agency.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/2/21/14669544/rex-burkhead-top-10-free-agent-running-backs

To me, Rex Burkhead represents everything that a father hopes for in a son. He is definitely one of my favorite Huskers and I hope the rest of his NFL career is a total success wherever it may be. God bless you Rex!!

If he stays healthy he should be a key asset to almost any NFL Offense.

Rex ha wonderful versatility. BUT this year's draft is loaded with RBs. Will be an interesting offseason.

Not really an NFL watcher but for selfish reasons come on Chiefs! They are on every weekend here, lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to Rex now that he is a free agent. He had his best year this past season so I hope that helps him to sign with Cincinnati or some other team.

"This past year Burkhead caught 17 of the 20 targets thrown his way, for 85 percent. Of the 63 running backs last year to catch at least 15 passes, Burkhead ranked third in catch percentage behind only Seattle’s C.J. Prosise (89.5 percent) and Buffalo’s LeSean McCoy (87.7)."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/02/21/what-happen-rex-burkhead/98040214/

In the final game of the season against the Ravens, Burkhead absolutely went off (27 carries: 119 yards, two touchdowns) against one of the NFL’s best rushing defenses (ranked No. 2 before Week 17). As a result, the NFL took notice of Burkhead’s clearly visible talent and ability to produce. That’s prompted Pro Football Focus to rank him on their list of top 10 running backs set to hit free agency.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/2/21/14669544/rex-burkhead-top-10-free-agent-running-backs
Interesting situation. Who Loves Ya Baby? Who has shown you the love?

Analogous to being a recruit who has been long committed and gets an eleventh hour offer from a "better" school.

This is slightly different, actually almost opposite. But it is similar in that the Bengals have only given him a roster spot (hey, nice money) but little work (which is what you get paid for). So do you even think of letting them "match" an offer? Ironic that there seems to be so much interest in Cincy, but so little real opportunity. Who missed the boat here, fans & the press or the Bengals?

Interesting situation. Who Loves Ya Baby? Who has shown you the love?

Analogous to being a recruit who has been long committed and gets an eleventh hour offer from a "better" school.

This is slightly different, actually almost opposite. But it is similar in that the Bengals have only given him a roster spot (hey, nice money) but little work (which is what you get paid for). So do you even think of letting them "match" an offer? Ironic that there seems to be so much interest in Cincy, but so little real opportunity. Who missed the boat here, fans & the press or the Bengals?
Jeremy Hill and Giovanni Bernard are two very good backs - drafted relatively high.

Burkhead like most 3rd string RBs has had to make their living on special teams and by being versatile. I believe RB actually practiced with the Bengals as a WR. That versatility will help him in his free agency quest. I would hope RB would find a team where he can be the backup, possibly contribute as a 3rd down back and continue to contribute as a special team's guy ... maybe end up like Danny Woodhead ... a key contributor running behind Melvin Gordon!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back