• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Remaining Targets

Doesn't sound like Dwight Coleby is considering Nebraska. Maybe things will change. Not looking like a good possibility though.
One source close to the situation told The Star that the 6-foot-9 Coleby is believed to be considering mid-majors Western Kentucky, Arkansas-Little Rock, Stephen F. Austin and Louisiana Monroe.

Basketball Times mid-major columnist Joshua Parrott on Wednesday listed the same schools on Twitter, and also included SMU. The Mustangs are coached by former KU assistant Tim Jankovich.

Also on Wednesday, shuhoops.com indicated Seton Hall was a possibility for Coleby, who averaged 1.7 points and 1.8 rebounds a game in limited duty a year ago.

Last edited:
No surprise due to the history between Miles and Agau, but it doesn't sound like either side has any interest. Agau visited Old Dominion yesterday.
Continuing its search for a big man in the 2017 recruiting class, Old Dominion hosted Georgetown graduate transfer Akoy Agau on an official visit Wednesday.

Agau would be eligible immediately and has two years of eligibility remaining. According to reports, he visited Illinois last week and is headed to SMU next.

Maryland is also in the mix.
After his SMU visit, Agau visited Maryland. He has a connection to the school: Kevin Broadus, a former Georgetown assistant coach while Agau played there, was hired as an assistant coach at Maryland in April.

Last edited:
Sounds like Miles is done looking for any remaining players for next year's team. At least for the moment. Someone could pop up during the summer like Evan Taylor last year. Taylor signed in July last year.

The other major storyline surrounding the team is what the plan is for the two open scholarships still remaining for the 2017 recruiting class.

There are currently no identified targets on Nebraska’s radar at this point, and Miles said he and his staff are in no rush to fill those spots unless the right prospect comes around.

“Never say never,” Miles said. “One thing I’ve learned about the current state of college basketball is it’s fluid. So we’re not just going to sit here, but I like our group.

“If this is our group, I feel very good about who we are and what we can bring to the table next year and how good we can be. I feel like we can be a very viable contender in the Big Ten for a postseason berth."

Akoy Agau to SMU.
Former Omaha Central star Akoy Agau is transferring to SMU and will be eligible immediately after leaving Georgetown as a graduate transfer.

“I chose SMU because I felt like it was the best situation for me to succeed both athletically and academically,” Agau said. “I will have an opportunity to come in and earn minutes there while getting a chance to be productive.”

Last edited:

Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler to Wichita State.
After receiving his release from New Mexico earlier this spring, Omaha Central center Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler committed to Wichita State on Sunday.

Chandler’s other offers included UNO, Southern Illinois, Northern Kentucky, South Dakota and Bowling Green. Wichita State was among the colleges that attended numerous open gyms at Central.

Last edited:
Akoy Agau not coming here is probably a good thing, I really don't think he's interested in playing for a name on the front of the jersey but rather the name on the back of it. I wish him luck.

I sure would have liked to see Chandler here though. Bummer. It will take some development and effort, but he could end up being a nice little player.

Akoy Agau not coming here is probably a good thing, I really don't think he's interested in playing for a name on the front of the jersey but rather the name on the back of it. I wish him luck.

I sure would have liked to see Chandler here though. Bummer. It will take some development and effort, but he could end up being a nice little player.
Chandler going to a prep school is probably the best thing for him and he's probably not helping immediately which is what Miles needs. Wichita State was wanting him to do that from their initial offer and New Mexico gave him a chance to play right away.

What do you mean?
He has a "handler" that have made him and his brother make the wrong choices for their basketball careers. He then goes on twitter rants blasting Nebraska fans trying to correlate things happening that are not even close to what his situation was. And now is on his third college looking for a better situation for himself.

Sometimes the mirror is your best friend.

Now he says he wanted to go to NU but he never heard from them. If true it's probably Miles' best move yet.

Parker Stewart officially received his scholarship release from Ole Miss today with no restrictions.

After some back and forth over his request for a release from his scholarship, Stewart has been granted a full release, Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy said. Stewart, a combo guard from Union City, Tennessee, was one of six members of the Rebels’ incoming recruiting class.

Stewart signed with the Rebels back in September but requested in recent weeks to be released from his scholarship, according to multiple media reports. The situation went unresolved until the school released him with no restrictions Monday.

*Edit* Stewart signed with Pittsburgh.

A Pitt program in desperate and urgent need for capable bodies to fill out its 2017-18 roster got just that Monday, as Parker Stewart, a 6-foot-4 guard, committed to Kevin Stallings and the Panthers.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back