• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Remaining Targets

Princeton basketball tweeted a photo of Hans Brase stating that he committed to Iowa State today at 9:30. They quickly deleted the tweet.

According to this Iowa State recruiting article, Brase is down to Iowa State and Georgia Tech.

“We still have one hole we need to fill,” Prohm said, referring to a forward spot. “I’m excited about our perimeter. If we could fill that one more spot — that skilled four spot — then I think we have a good chance to be very competitive.” The “skilled four" guy is Princeton graduate transfer Hans Brase. He reportedly is choosing between Iowa State and Georgia Tech.

Akoy Agau is visiting Illinois as of yesterday.

Yesterday, Derek Piper of Scout broke the news that Agau would be visiting the Illini this week. He will start the visit on Thursday, May 11. This is great news for Illinois fans who were wondering what is going to happen with the traditional center role in Brad Underwood’s system.

looks like Brase actually did commit to ISU. And reports indicate Agau is visiting SMU

Yeah, I just saw that tweet about Agau visiting SMU. Think he cancelled on Illinois or is he making stops at both places this weekend? Maybe Illinois on Thursday/Friday and SMU Saturday/Sunday?

I'm disappointed. Brase is the type of player who increases offensive efficiency drastically, even when he doesn't have the ball. You can't get them all though.

We will have to get creative at the 4. Copeland, Roby, and McVeigh will have to suffice.

In my opinion, how good we are next year boils down to two main factors. 1. Do we improve on defense, and if so, how much? 2. Just how good is Palmer?

I'm disappointed. Brase is the type of player who increases offensive efficiency drastically, even when he doesn't have the ball. You can't get them all though.

We will have to get creative at the 4. Copeland, Roby, and McVeigh will have to suffice.

In my opinion, how good we are next year boils down to two main factors. 1. Do we improve on defense, and if so, how much? 2. Just how good is Palmer?

I think you can game plan around some of the teams in the B1G. Not all have potent 5's, and in some of those cases we can play some very interesting 'small ball', using some long, athletic 3/4s.

I would have liked Brase for his stablizing influence as well as his spot up shooting. He wasn't really changing our inside game, which seems to be the one many have concerns with.

I wonder if Dwight Coleby could become an option for us next season? He announced he was transferring from Kansas last night. He only averaged 5.6 mpg last season, but he's a 6'9 F/C that could give us that extra big we need. He has experience at Ole Miss and Kansas. With our options dwindling, I wouldn't mind picking Coleby up for a year. Wouldn't hurt our 2018 recruiting numbers.

Definitely an inside guy, who had some skills coming out of high school, but his injury apparently has really slowed additional development. I think he's a solid option, but if he's looking for a tourney run, or a possible starting job, I would assume Nebraska isn't at the top of his list of schools...or even on it.

Definitely an inside guy, who had some skills coming out of high school, but his injury apparently has really slowed additional development. I think he's a solid option, but if he's looking for a tourney run, or a possible starting job, I would assume Nebraska isn't at the top of his list of schools...or even on it.

Pure speculation, but I'd have to guess that Self encouraged Coleby to look around. They'll be at 14 scholarships if Mykhailiuk decides against the NBA Draft. He just withdrew from the combine due to injury. Instead of keeping a guy around (Coleby) that played less than 6 minutes a game, Self probably recommended that he look around for more minutes. If Mykhailiuk remains in the draft, they're only out a guy that hardly played (Coleby).

If it was purely Coleby's decision, I'd also speculate that he's looking for minutes. If he wanted a tournament run, he would have stayed at Kansas. Nebraska would at least be able to offer him more minutes. He averaged 16.5 minutes and started 3 games his sophomore year at Ole Miss though. I'd take him. Between the three of them (Jorday, Okeke, and Coleby) we'd almost be able to play a center the whole game.

Pure speculation, but I'd have to guess that Self encouraged Coleby to look around. They'll be at 14 scholarships if Mykhailiuk decides against the NBA Draft. He just withdrew from the combine due to injury. Instead of keeping a guy around (Coleby) that played less than 6 minutes a game, Self probably recommended that he look around for more minutes. If Mykhailiuk remains in the draft, they're only out a guy that hardly played (Coleby).

If it was purely Coleby's decision, I'd also speculate that he's looking for minutes. If he wanted a tournament run, he would have stayed at Kansas. Nebraska would at least be able to offer him more minutes. He averaged 16.5 minutes and started 3 games his sophomore year at Ole Miss though. I'd take him. Between the three of them (Jorday, Okeke, and Coleby) we'd almost be able to play a center the whole game.

I don't there is much speculation at all, I think you are spot on, I'm sure Self helped guide him to the door. I thought I saw Kansas getting some bigger guy from W&M or some place out of the Ivy, so those 5-6 minutes Coleby was getting could be that much harder to come by this year.

I think there are teams out there that have a legit possibility of getting to the tourney that don't have the riches of depth that KU has. I'd love to see someone like him on the roster, because he's got the strength and size of an upperclassman. Okeke is definitely an inside guy, he jumps well and has crazy long arms, but he's going to be a very undersized center in some games. Personally, I'd almost rather see us occasionally play Okeke at the 4 and allow him to be the help side shot blocker with Jordy manning the post. Give Jordy the piece of mind that he's got a really good shot blocker behind him for help and hopefully keep him out of foul trouble more often than not.

Last edited:
Sounds like Parker Stewart is back on the market. Jeff Goodman reported last night on twitter that Parker asked for a release from his Ole Miss NLI.

We might be full on guards/wings, but he could become an option again. He visited back in September. He's a 6'4-6'5 combo guard.

Last edited:

Sounds like Parker Stewart is back on the market. Jeff Goodman reported last night on twitter that Parker asked for a release from his Ole Miss NLI.

We might be full on guards/wings, but he could become an option again. He visited back in September. He's a 6'4-6'5 combo guard.

This would probably be a better option if he's still interested. Probably wouldn't get a lot of PT until the following season, but would eat up Gill and Taylor's minutes then.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back