• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Remaining Targets

I try not to comment on people I don't know personally, but some things I have heard, I'm not sure. *** would probably have a better idea if there is too much drama here or if there might be a mutual interest. I would guess both parties wouldn't want this but who knows. Both sides seemed a little salty towards each other in the past, things change though.
All my husker basketball friends have already ostracized me for still believing in Akoy.

If you go back and read his tweets about Nebraska they are not that bad. He was responding to an idiot nebraska fan who was upset he didn't commit coming out of hs.

We do know that Miles got chummy with his little bro a week or so ago.... maybe TM had some insider info? Just speculating here

Last edited:

All my husker basketball friends have already ostracized me for still believing in Akoy.

If you go back and read his tweets about Nebraska they are not that bad. He was responding to an idiot nebraska fan who was upset he didn't commit coming out of hs.

We do know that Miles got chummy with his little bro a week or so ago.... maybe TM had some insider info? Just speculating here

If the coaches were on board and the kid wanted to come here, I wouldn't be upset at all. He would fill a need and would probably get some playing time his senior year.

If there is a remote chance this could cause a chemistry issue, then I think you pass. I don't know that's a case though so I trust the coaches to make that decision. So I'm good with whatever.

I think you are right though, Thunder, most of the Husker Hoops die hards would say 'hell no'. I think we should be a little more pragmatic than that.

Last edited:
Hans Brase is down to Richmond, Nebraska, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, and Iowa State.

From a style of ball standpoint, I'd say Richmond, ISU and Nebraska are the better fit, but he's also going to look at rosters and educational opportunities. I'm not sure we're going to have quite what he's looking for, but I do think he'd be a real positive just from a leadership standpoint.

If the coaches were on board and the kid wanted to come here, I wouldn't be upset at all. He would fill a need and would probably get some playing time his senior year.

If there is a remote chance this could cause a chemistry issue, then I think you pass. I don't know that's a case though so I trust the coaches to make that decision. So I'm good with whatever.

I think you are right though, Thunder, most of the Husker Hoops die hards would say 'hell now'. I think we should be a little more pragmatic than that.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't. The kid wanted to go to a top program, hoping to play deep into the tourney, can we really fault him for that? If Louisville had come calling on just about anyone on our roster, I would be shocked if they hadn't leaned that way.

Players are players, and most don't have some ingrained grudge that lasts a lifetime. Chemistry issues happen because of playing style or personality, not because a guy used to play at another school. Heck, I squashed a guy I couldn't stand late in the game after he stole the ball from me, knocking him down, diving on him acting like I was going after the ball, and rolling my 240 lbs over his legs as I got off the floor. I couldn't stand that little prick. Next year he transfers in, becomes my roommate, becomes a valuable asset to the team, and a pretty good friend to all of us.

I'm just saying that if a guy can play, isn't hated by all who have been around him (and there are those), then you can usually adapt into a new team. The best part about Agau is he isn't going to demand a ton of shots, or the offense flowing through him. With another athlete like him, we actually could play some trapping zone (tossing in Roby, Palmer, Copeland, Taylor, Nana, Duby) and that could be a scary change of pace come conference play.

If he makes the move after UL I wouldn't bat an eye. I don't blame him for taking a dip in the big pond at all. But now being a 2 time transfer? Seems like a red flag to me. Who knows...maybe the decision wasn't his?

Last edited:
If he makes the move after UL I wouldn't bat an eye. I don't blame him for taking a dip in the big pond at all. But now being a 2 time transfer? Seems like a red flag to me. Who knows...maybe the decision wasn't his?

It may not have been, or Miles may have felt he had players already on the roster that matched the talent Agau brings. Either way, if the staff feels he has ability to contribute, I would look at him like any other transfer, and base an offer purely on that. His being local may have been an attractive quality at one time, but unless he actually comes and contributes, has a solid relationship with Miles, just bringing him back will have little long-term effect on the program with the local high schools.

By "not his choice" I meant his leaving Georgetown
New head coach might be part of it, or maybe a log jam on the roster though he was the #3 rebounder and #2 shot blocker last season, or maybe he just thinks he's needing a better supporting cast. Like Duby, he's skills are more of a blended type, cleaning up after other's mistakes, creating his opportunity off those mistakes, so it's not so much a timing and familiarity issue for them to come on a roster.

I think you are right though, Thunder, most of the Husker Hoops die hards would say 'hell no'. I think we should be a little more pragmatic than that.
I had the same thought process. By this point Miles and everyone else knows this is his last year if he doesn't turn this around, so of course he could be enticed by picking up a guy like akoy, or stay away because of chemistry issues.

Hans Brase is rumored to be deciding this week according to a Georgia Tech recruiting article.

Hans Brase, a graduate transfer from Princeton, is also one of Pastner’s targets, and perhaps the most promising. The big forward is also visiting Richmond and Nebraska before making his decision, which he is expected to announce this week.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back