• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Remaining Targets

Best case scenerio that won't happen...Allen, Smith, Darrington, and Ernst.

Miles has a realistic shot at Ernst, that would be a pretty good pickup all things considered. Maye is also realistic. Then look for immediate help via grad transfer or try for Chandler.

I remember reading that Chandler originally choose New Mexico because their offense ran through the post. Nebraska's offense doesn't really involve much post. Granted we never really had much of a post presence though. I can't imagine Chandler goes with Nebraska if Miles offers.

I think we'll pull in Maye. I don't know much about Ernst, but it'd be nice to have some height that can play immediately.

Have you heard anything about Zylan Cheatham transferring from San Diego State? Miles offered him while he was in high school. Any possible mutual interest?

Lee B mentions a couple of names to ponder as potential Grad Transfers in today's OWH; both scheduled for OV's soon.

Duby Okeke, 6-8, 230 lb Center (Winthrop)

Hans Brase, 6-8, 231lb Forward (Princeton)

That's awesome, I'm glad we're at least bringing in a few guys. We need bodies that can play immediately.

Thomas Allen is N.

nebraska_l6ntjc.jpg

Miles really needs to land Hans Brase. That would really help shore up the inside. Okeke would be a good enforcer to play spot minutes behind Jordy, but Brase would really help the flow of our offense.

If Miles buttons up the inside with Brase or Okeke, he needs to start preparing as if he's going to weather the storm next season. Will he? I have my doubts, but let's say he does. If I were Miles, I would really think about leaving one of the scholarships open. He's done it quite a bit at Nebraska and he does it on purpose. Gives him the option to swing for transfers that come available late for whatever reason.

Nebraska is in on some pretty good 2018 guards. I would keep recruiting Mark Smith to the end but I might just pass on Maye. Realistically though, I would take Brase and Ernst while leaving the last scholarship open. If you can't get Ernst but can get Brase, I would try to get Chandler.

Nebraska is in on some pretty good 2018 guards. I would keep recruiting Mark Smith to the end but I might just pass on Maye. Realistically though, I would take Brase and Ernst while leaving the last scholarship open. If you can't get Ernst but can get Brase, I would try to get Chandler.

The four positions that I thought we needed to address with these openings were a PG, shooter, post, and post. Allen addresses the shooting need. He's a combo guard, but I'd still like us to find another ball handler. Ideally I'd like to see us finish with Brase and Ernst to fill our post needs.

Maye would fill our ball handling needs, but we could easily save that scholarship (like you suggested) for the summer and hope that another/better point guard grad transfer hits the market in the summer. It's a risk, but I'm not sure if Maye would be able to help out immediately next season. Taylor played some PG in JUCO, but not much of it last year for us.

Ernst is out. Headed to Florida Gulf Coast.

We still should have a good shot at the Princeton PF, Hans Brase (who is to visit next week).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back