• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Reimers Where Art Thou?

I think you are spot on.

Looking at the number of receptions in year one of the Frost offense got me curious as to what the passing/receiving numbers looked like for UCF in 2016 and 2017.

Look at UCF receiving stats in 2016 when Milton was a freshman. 3 guys had over 20 catches. A couple of guys had 18. UCF had 14 receiving TDs.

Now, look at 2017. 6 guys had over 20 catches and one had 17. The number of receiving TDs was 38.

Milton’s completion percentage went from 57% to 67%,

Getting comfortable in the offense is a big deal for the QB and the receivers.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/central-florida/2016.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/central-florida/2017.html

Great information, thanks for digging it up.

LOL. Trying to create a buzz. I'm wearing his numbers Saturday and hoping the coaches are reading this. Would like to see him make a grab.

Last edited:
With NU playing from behind, it is tougher to get a high number of reps to guys who aren't #1 on the depth chart, especially when the top guys are so talented. As the wins come, the other WRs and TEs will get more targets because they will have more snaps.

Not sure what is going on, but if you aren't Stanley, JD, or Maurice, they don't seem to want to throw you the ball. The TE's might as well be tall pillars of invisibility.
Those throws will be coming. Double coverage will become necessary for the two best receivers Nebraska’s had in a long time.

With NU playing from behind, it is tougher to get a high number of reps to guys who aren't #1 on the depth chart, especially when the top guys are so talented. As the wins come, the other WRs and TEs will get more targets because they will have more snaps.
Agree can’t wait to watch this team with a two score lead.

Frost's offense is still a very complex and nuanced thing. When you look at how UCF was throwing the ball all over the place, it's because they had multiple WRs and TEs who could use motion and odd routes to create gaps in space. We'll get there - and I think that our top 3-4 WRs are getting it - but it will take time for all the rest of the TEs and WRs on the roster to get that part down.

Also consider that guys like Stanley and JD can make their own space just by out-athleteing the defense. With guys who have a ton of raw talent, it's easier to make gaps just with a little shake and bake. Getting those hard charging TEs out in space relies more on scheme and less on them being an athletic freak who can out-juke a shifty CB or safety.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back