1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Reeves and Smith leaving?

Discussion in 'Volleyball' started by HuskerFed, May 5, 2017.

1. HuskerFed

HuskerFed Recruit

OWH reporting that Tiana Reeves and Brook Smith are leaving the program. Any info?

2. Sandhills Husker

Sandhills Husker Red Shirt 2 Year Member

Accurate report. Confirmed on huskers.com also. Reeves going to try track and field which makes a lot of sense.

3. RedInMyVeins

RedInMyVeins Tannhauser Gate Veteran 2 Year Member

Reeves is a better track athlete, and it's her first love, from what I hear. She seemed to be pretty good, but I can't fault her for wanting to be happy. Smith is backing up Hunter, and there's another young superstar coming in (or is already here) that will probably jump right into Hunter's spot after she's gone, so Smith isn't going to be getting any more playing time, anyway. Very understandable that she'd want to go somewhere that allows her to play more.

4. Ellis Boyd Redding

Ellis Boyd Redding Travel Squad 2 Year Member

My understanding was that they were put on scholarship this spring semester because of early graduation for the twins. But they would be off scholarship starting again this fall when the freshman class arrives.

Good luck to both of them.

Reeves was a great long jumper in high school. Hopefully she can contributor to the Husker T&F team.