• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recruiting Quiet/ Dead Period & December NSD: Things To Know

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Dead Period is fast approaching. Set up to cover the bowl season so teams who do not play in bowl games do not have an unfair advantage on the recruiting trail.

Quiet Period starts next Sunday 16 December. Visitors can still be on campus (final day for that before NSD on 19 December) but coaches cannot be off campus recruiting.

Dead Period runs from 17 December through 10 January (OV can begin again until 3 Febuary) As we have talked about in the past there can be no in person contact on or off campus. HOWEVER, COACHES CAN STAY IN CONTACT WITH RECRUITS through social media, e-mail and limited phone calls.

In addition once a player signs his LOI there is no restriction on contact or the staff discussing particulars on SIGNED commits. Which includes giving newly signed commits written workout regimens etc.

Both high school and JUCO players can sign in the early signing period of 19-21 December. No signed LOI's can be accepted after this period until the 6 February 2019 NSD. This is the second year this has been in place.

Just a quick reminder of some important dates coming up

Last edited:

The staff is hoping to sign ALL qualified commits during the 19-21 December early signing period.

Desmond Bland will not sign until February as he does not have enough credits to sign in December. JUCO recruits can only sign early if they are academically qualified to enroll in January. That has not changed from past years. He still plans to sign with Nebraska. Some discussion on here and other places as to will Nebraska still take his signature? Remains to be seen. I am not aware as of this point in time of any other commits HS of JUCO who will not sign in two weeks.

The staff is hoping to sign ALL qualified commits during the 19-21 December early signing period.

Desmond Bland will not sign until February as he does not have enough credits to sign in December. JUCO recruits can only sign early if they are academically qualified to enroll in January. That has not changed from past years. He still plans to sign with Nebraska. Some discussion on here and other places as to will Nebraska still take his signature? Remains to be seen. I am not aware as of this point in time of any other commits HS of JUCO who will not sign in two weeks.

How many signatures do you expect in Dec. and approx. what total # do you think this class will be

How many signatures do you expect in Dec. and approx. what total # do you think this class will be

I expect all but Bland. Right now that would be 21.

I could see a class as high as 28 if we find the right kids to fill out the final slots. Otherwise they will wait until 2020.

Going through last season w/ ~ 77 on scholarship has to leave a bad taste with this staff to rectify going forward ... I think some of our HM football experts may be projecting maybe falling short of 85 again.

I got to believe that this staff has a couple silent commits, ie Ty Robinson, and will ink between 22 - 25 this month. Probably add another 3 - 5 in February & then fill out the scholarship roster w/ either grad transfers or scholarship awards to a walk on based upon # of departures ... rewarding someone like Punter Isaac Armstrong, would make sense to me as the scholly will be available again for 2020.

The aura that surrounds the walk in program at Nebraska makes a NSD ceremony just as important to those kids as a scholarship kid. We all know amen have seen those guys come through and make a huge impact.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back